Advance Practice Nurse – Permanent Full-Time (Days), Permanent Part-Time (Days/Nights) and Temporary Full-Time (Days) positions available JP#: APN-0917
If you would like to work with a team of professionals who are committed to enriching the lives of patients we invite you to join Runnymede Healthcare Centre as an Advance Practice Nurse.
The Advance Practice Nurse provides support for the overall day-to-day operationalization and coordination of patient care and patient transition on the patient care floor. Under the direction of the Associate Director of Nursing, he/she provides supervisory support for managing professional practice of nursing staff.
- Assign, supervise, and guide staff in providing high quality care
- Provide leadership and support to nursing staff
- Provide supervision to the patient care administrator of the assigned patient care floor
- Collaborate with Clinical Educator to utilize and apply current specialized knowledge and expertise on recent advances in nursing practice
- Participate in the development and review of policies, procedures and protocols
- Demonstrate excellence in communication, coaching, mentoring and team building skills
- Lead the implementation of quality improvement initiatives and best practices in collaboration with Clinical Educators
- Serve as clinical resource for complex continuing care and rehabilitation nursing
- Exemplify best quality communication and customer excellence while dealing with patients, families, and the inter-professional team
- Mentor staff to manage challenging issues or patient and family needs
- In collaboration with the patient care manager, achieves hospital’s goals pertaining to material, fiscal, & human resource utilization
- Assist patient care manager with management of unit staffing (i.e. vacation & shift change approval) to ensure appropriate staffing level and nursing skill mix ratio
- Work collaboratively with Patient Care Manager and the HR department to provide oversight and accountability for the attendance management program and labor relation issues
- Identify and communicate professional practice related issues to the nursing leadership team and collaboratively support staff professional development
- Participate in hiring, orientation, performance evaluation and termination of RNs, RPNs and patient care administrators
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for patients during their stay
- Ensure integrated care plans are completed and up to date and deficiencies are followed up with the RN or RPN assigned to the patient and unresolved issues are reported appropriately
- Manage and lead transfer of accountability (shift hand-over) processes, purposeful rounding, inter-professional rounds, shift reports and patients’ concerns
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications/experience:
- Current Registration with College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing
- Minimum of 3-5 years of recent clinical experience in a Hospital. In addition, a minimum of two years of supervisory experience is preferred
- Registered Nurse with Baccalaureate degree required, Masters Degree in Nursing required. Candidates who are actively pursuing their Masters in Nursing will be considered
- Specialty certification in gerontology or rehabilitation nursing is an asset
- Education in clinical leadership, project management or management is preferred
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification required
- Evidence of good performance history and attendance record
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Runnymede Healthcare Centre values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA).
Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment purposes only and not for any other purpose.