General Duty Nurse – On-Call/Supply
The Ministry of Education, W. Ross Macdonald School for the Blind, requires General Duty Nurses to work on an on-call as-needed basis, to provide nursing and emergency health care services for blind, visually impaired, deafblind and multi-needs students.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Assess student conditions
• Implement medical treatment plans
• Administer/monitor medications
• Maintain health records
• Provide health care information and resources
• Work on an on-call as-needed basis
How do I qualify?
• Current registration as a Registered Nurse in Ontario;
• Current certification in First Aid and CPR.
Skills and Qualifications:
Your background and experience enable you to meet the following requirements:
• Knowledge of general nursing theory, practices, procedures and College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Practice;
• Knowledge of relevant legislation, including Regulated Health Professions Act and Health Care Consent Act;
• Sound judgement/organization/planning skills;
• Communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and resolve conflict;
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff and students in a diverse environment;
• Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team;
• Knowledge of special needs students;
• Ability to lift while transferring/assisting students;
• Ability to work shifts.
Salary: $30.78 - $37.95 per hour
- 2 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 10 months, 350 Brant Avenue, Brantford, West Region, Enhanced - Vulnerable Services Sector Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please forward your resume and cover letter (maximum 5 pages combined), quoting Job ID 112133 (PSB17-112), by Monday, October 2, 2017, to PSBjobs@ontario.ca. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.