Enterostomal Therapy Nurse
Full time – Part time – Casual positions
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health and Long Term Care) funded organization. We Enrich Lives and Change Tomorrow by providing a wide spectrum of unparalleled quality services in the community.
Our team of service healthcare professionals delivers care to thousands of clients each day enabling people to remain in their homes, attend clinics and to close the gap between their healthcare needs and overall well-being, caring the way we care for our loved ones. The Enterostomal Therapy Nurse will assist clients with wound, ostomy and continence care allowing clients to remain within their home and within their community setting.
The successful Registered Nurse will have:
- Degree or diploma in nursing and;
- Is duly qualified and registered to practice nursing in Ontario; and either,
- (a) holds a certificate for successful completion of an Enterostomal Therapy program from a recognized educational institution; or
- (b) holds a certificate for successful completion of a Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (“WOCN”) program from a recognized educational institution; or
- (c) has completed 75% of the ET or WOCN certificate and has a minimum of 3 years experience in the community or acute care setting with a focus on wound care.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Vulnerable Sector Screen
The role will require:
- The Enterostomal Therapist (ET) Nurse, is responsible for the provision and management of high quality, appropriate nursing care to all individuals with actual and potential skin integrity issues related to wound management, ostomy care, and continence related nursing diagnoses.
- Adhering to provincial regulatory body standards and practice guidelines, perform safe, competent evidence based nursing care within his/her scope of practice
- Assess, plan, collaborate with the client, family and other members of the health care team to establish and/or update the care plan and implement and evaluate client care with every client encounter and provide clinical advocacy
CTG offers flexible hours, a comprehensive compensation package, and a positive culture that provides discipline specific professional support and education.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy. If you require accommodation to submit an application, please email email@example.com.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all of the essential requirements stated above.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in this job description, we invite you to visit our website to apply for this position.