1 Year Contract (Maternity Cover)
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Participation, as a member of the case management team, in development of an individualized plan of care;
- Provision of First Aid and episodic care as determined by nursing assessment and/or medical directions;
- Ordering and provision of medications and medical supplies as indicated;
- Performing nursing procedures and delegated controlled acts in accordance with the Standards of Nursing Practice and the policies and procedures of Covenant House and the Health Care Services department;
- Assisting the physician and psychiatrists in the delivery of medical care;
- Planning, supervision, implementation of positive health and lifestyle teaching to youth and staff;
- Developing, supervising and evaluating clinical placement opportunities for medical and nursing students in consultation with their specific educational facilities;
- Assisting in the general duties of running a clinic;
- Ensuring an adequate stock of medical supplies for the clinic, residential and non-residential areas and the agency’s First Aid kits;
- Providing care that is consistent with the agency’s Pro-Life policy;
- Providing follow up care and direction in infection control cases, including Public Health.
- An in-depth knowledge of factors influencing psychiatric symptoms and mental disorders
- 4-year Bachelor of Nursing degree
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Physical assessment and venipuncture skills.
- Preferred psychiatric nursing experience within the past three years
- Demonstrated ability to work as an independent clinician who is a contributing member of a multi-disciplinary team; strong understanding of group dynamics.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to Human Resources, on or before September 19, 2017.
Fax: 416.204.7030 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • Website: www.covenanthouse.ca
We thank all applicants however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an employer, Covenant House is committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. We encourage applications from qualified individuals who represent diverse communities.