We would like to invite applications for the post of Diabetes Educator/Registered Nurse.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate diabetes education programs and community initiatives. Programs may include: group teaching, individual counseling, support groups and other initiatives to support people with diabetes
- Practice in accordance with self-management model to assist patients with diabetes to achieve their optimum level of health and quality of life
- Participate in outreach initiatives to reach complex and marginalized populations
- Work with the team to create, implement, evaluate and deliver performance improvement plan
- Accurately complete documentation in a timely manner using EMR
- Current registration as Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Prior specialization in diabetes or Certified Diabetes Educator
- Current basic cardiac life support certification
- Minimum 3 years of clinical experience as RN in community based health care setting
- Demonstrated experience in counselling and group facilitation
- Experience with quality improvement initiatives in clinical and health promotion settings
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the impact of social, economic, environmental, and cultural issues in diabetes self-management
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and EMR (Practice Solutions)
- A second language (Tamil) reflecting the local community is a must
Interested and qualified members are invited to submit resumes to the Hiring Committee via Human Resources by email to email@example.com
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange a reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.