COMPETITION NUMBER: 17-284-W
STATUS: Permanent Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Acute Neurology
REPORTS TO: Operations Director, Chronic Diseases, Senior's Health & Patient Flow
HOURS: Days; 7.5 Hour Shifts
SALARY: $49.23 - $59.73 per hour
The RN (EC) has an expanded scope of practice that includes a range of diagnoses, prescribing a range of drugs and ordering a range of diagnostic tests. The RN (EC) role will encompass the full scope of advanced nursing practice blended with expanded functions including medical directives.
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario as an Extended Class RN and is a member in good standing.
- Minimum of 5 years of recent clinical experience in acute neurology, stroke required.
- Membership in the Nurse Practitioner Association of Ontario preferred.
- Advanced clinical knowledge of current best practices in caring for acute neurology/stroke population.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of theories guiding adult learning principles and principles guiding health promotion activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of planning, developing and implementing education initiatives for health care providers and community members.
- Experience in Case Management preferred.
- Embraces a philosophy of patient and family centered care.
- Demonstrates leadership in clinical excellence.
- Assesses and provides services to clients, families and communities.
- Provides comprehensive health services encompassing:
- Identification and management of chronic stable conditions.
- Prevention of disease and injuries.
- Health promotion and education.
- Continuity of care.
- Advanced nursing assessment skills and sound knowledge of clinical therapeutics.
- Effective patient/family counseling skills.
- Excellent organizational, critical appraisal and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High level of initiative and self-direction.
- Exemplary interpersonal and communications skills.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at a senior level.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
*This position is being represented by ONA
Interested candidates are invited to visit our website or apply via the this link https://employment-mackenziehealth.icims.com/jobs/1120/nurse-practitioner---acute-neurology/job and submitting their cover letter and resume, quoting competition number 17-248-W
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.