- Reporting to the Clinical Director, the Manager of Nursing Professional Practice will plan, implement, evaluate, and coordinate the activities of Queensway Carleton Hospital’s Model of Nursing Clinical Practice (MoNCP) and the Inter Professional Model of Patient Care (IPMPC).
- In addition, this position will provide leadership for the Clinical Nurse Educators, support Clinical Nursing Practice, and promote an environment that encourages excellence in practice that is patient/family centered and aligned to the Hospital mission, vision, and values.
- Facilitate and coordinate the implementation and post-implementation reviews of MoNCP and IPMPC in collaboration with the Director and Manager of the service.
- Assist in the coordination and development, implementation and evaluation of corporate clinical practice initiatives, policies/procedures, clinical pathways, and clinical documentation.
- Organize the roll-out and timeline for the implementation and post-implementation reviews in collaboration with the MoNCP and IPMPC Steering Groups and each unit/department.
- Provide consultative services to internal and external consumers to enhance professional practice.
- Collaborate with all disciplines, both internally and externally, as a professional resource.
- Consult, advise, and act as a facilitator with colleagues on professional issues such as clinical practice, educational, organizational, and ethical issues.
- Facilitate and/or co-ordinate the assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of projects in collaboration with Clinical Programs.
- Collaborate with Nursing Professional Practice colleagues to achieve departmental goals.
- Assist with other duties that might benefit nursing professional practice such as organizing and facilitating corporate clinical initiatives.
- Promote professional development and life-long learning of all staff contributing to nursing clinical practice, education, management and research.
- Coordinate the activities of the Corporate Nursing Clinical Practice Committee.
- Participate in undergraduate and graduate education, as well as continuing education, through preceptorship/supervision, and consultation with academic institutions.
- Work with MoNCP and IPMPC Steering Groups, Clinical Directors, Managers and other Health Professionals to implement changes.
- Participate in activities that foster growth of the profession.
- Anticipate emergent and future issues/changes; providing leadership and vision in short and long term planning; contribute to strategic plans.
- Represent Nursing Professional Practice to internal and external audiences.
- Coordinate the research activities related to MoNCP and IPMPC.
- Evaluate the structure, process and outcomes of professional practice programs/initiatives.
- Promote an environment that utilizes and integrates research in clinical practice.
- Master’s Degree in a related discipline (or in progress)
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Minimum 3 years of recent relevant experience in clinical, management, and education
- Demonstrated recent (within the last 3 years) leadership, facilitation, and coaching skills
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, conflict resolution and communication skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Expert knowledge in clinical practice
- Knowledge of principles of adult learning and change management
- Excellent presentation skills including the use of multimedia tools
- Experience with program proposal and report writing, and abstract submission
- Expert knowledge of computers and software applications including MS Office suite, Meditech applications, experience with electronic documentation, and use of e-learning modules
- Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) Membership
- Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) Membership
- Other related professional memberships/interest groups
Please forward your résumé by September 30th, 2017 to:
Queensway Carleton Hospital
Human Resources Department
3045 Baseline Road
Ottawa, ON K2H 8P4
Fax: (613) 721-7883