The Prince Edward Family Health Team (PEFHT) is seeking Clinical Services Coordinator to join our progressive team serving the residents of Prince Edward County.
The PEFHT provides a single point of access to health care services for all County residents. Our interdisciplinary team offers comprehensive patient-centred, primary health care including diagnosis, treatment and management, prevention and cure, rehabilitation, palliative care and community health promotion.
As a member of the multidisciplinary team the Clinical Services Coordinator provides oversight of clinical services activities that are patient-centered, integrated, safe and effective. The Clinical Services Coordinator will work collaboratively with interprofessional clinical teams and individuals as an advisor in matters relating to staffing, patient care, resource management, quality improvement, programming, policy development, privacy and represent the PEFHT on select working groups and committees. This position is 0.6 full-time equivalent (3 days per week)
The Clinical Services Coordinator:
- Oversees clinical service program operations, planning, development and evaluation.
- Keeps abreast of AFHTO and MOHLTC directives as it relates to clinical programs.
- Provides guidance to clinical staff in preparation of annual and quarterly program planning documents, supporting teams in reviewing and revising goals, activities, performance measures and workload management
- Liaises with Executive Director (ED) and Admin Leadership Team regarding overall PEFHT activities, opportunities and needs.
- Facilitates collaboration within PEFHT and with community partners.
- Advocates for support and spread of QI activities and opportunities
- Acts as Back up to Privacy Officer.
- Maintains current Medical Directive and Clinical Services Policies.
- Provides leadership in recognition of and adherence to infection control best practices and safety standards in a primary care setting.
- BScN or equivalent professional baccalaureate or Master's degree.
- Registered with the appropriate regulated professional College
- Member in good standing with appropriate professional association
- Minimum 10 years broad-based front line nursing or other professional health care experience
- Minimum 5 years as a manager or coordinator in the health care field
- Demonstrated experience building, coordinating and working with interprofessional teams
- Experience managing multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of quality improvement projects
- Ability to assess current practices and to identify alternatives and/or enhancements to current practice
- Proficient in the use of Word and the Internet
For more information about our team, please see our website at www.pefht.ca.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing: September 15, 2017.
PEFHT is a HOOPP employer.