Senior Nurse - RPT
The Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services' Stratford Jail is looking for a Senior Nurse to supervise front-line staff as an integral part of an inter-disciplinary health care team. This position will provide exciting opportunities to assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of local health care policies to ensure the efficient and effective operation of health care services within the institution and the provision of general health care of inmates.
Stratford Jail is a 53‑bed jail housing male inmates. Health care services are provided 7 hours per day, 4 days per week.
Note: This position is regular part-time
What can I expect to do in this role?
• provide front-line health care to patients in accordance with College of Nurses of Ontario Practice Standards and ministry policies and procedures, including assessment, implementation, planning and evaluation of health care interventions, including emergency intervention
• implement ministry corporate policy and procedures, health programs and evaluate outcomes
• act as a patient advocate
• participate in inter-disciplinary team care plans
• assist the physician in clinical assessments and therapeutic interventions
• facilitate scheduled physician assessments and document the health care record, including using telemedicine
• coordinate the day-to-day operation of the health care unit, including ensuring safety and security of the health care, ordering supplies, pharmaceuticals, maintaining and reconciling records of purchases and costs
• participate in regional and corporate meetings, as required
How do I qualify?
• you are currently registered as a Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
• you have a comprehensive understanding of the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) Professional Standards
• you have knowledge of and the ability to apply nursing principles to practice
• you can perform duties with minimal supervision and manage medical emergencies
• you have significant clinical nursing experience
• you have sound knowledge of nursing procedures in medical and some knowledge of psychiatric nursing
Leadership, Supervisory and Team Building Skills:
• you have excellent team building and leadership skills to enhance working relations with co-workers
Communication, Interpersonal and Computer Skills:
• you have good communication and interpersonal skills
• you have basic computer skills
Salary Range: $1,367.32 - $1,707.91 per week
- 1 Permanent - Regular Part‑Time, 30 St Andrew St, Stratford, West Region, Enhanced - Criminal Record (CPIC) Check, Vulnerable Services Sector (VSS) Check, Police Information Portal (PIP) Check, Niche/RMS File Check, Credit Check
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 110469, by Tuesday, August 29, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.