Professional Practice Educator (RN)
Inpatient Surgical Units & Clinics and Inpatient Medical unit
JBH is currently recruiting for a full time Professional Practice Educator to join our leading practice Surgical and Medicine Teams. Reporting to the Director of Surgery, the individual in this role will work in partnership and in collaboration with the Surgical and Medicine Management and Physician teams, and the Professional Practice Educator team. This position provides support for practice and quality initiatives across the nursing and professional practice team in Inpatient Surgery and Medicine by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating programs to enhance clinical proficiency, quality improvement and team development. The Professional Practice Educator also facilitates and supports continuous learning, professional development, and service excellence through educating, coaching and mentoring staff and clients in addition to facilitating appropriate co-ordination of resources to meet identified clinical needs.
Working in an interprofessional, patient centred environment, the ideal candidate will have effective interpersonal and communication skills combined with the ability to work collaboratively within and across professions; a strong ability to implement strategies that effectively facilitate change, and possess a commitment to knowledge transfer strategies to ensure practices are evidence informed. We are interested in professionals who committed to providing the best care possible for our community.
- Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Bachelor degree in nursing field required
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Leadership, or Health related field required. Will consider applicants who have or will be enrolling in an upcoming Master’s program.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Surgical nursing required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Medical nursing required
- Evidence of strong clinical knowledge and decision making
- Knowledge and experience with using and interpreting quality metrics and change management methodologies required
- Ability to provide support and leadership to advance evidence based inter-professional patient centered care
- Able to promote practice excellence both internally and externally through research, education, and quality initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, organizational and time management skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply by clicking the "Apply for Job" button and proceed with the necessary steps. Please note that although we appreciate each and every application, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a visionary community hospital, demonstrating commitment to strong successful relationships between its patients, their families and its health care teams. You will have the chance to join JBH as it embraces its vision, Strategic Plan, and carries out the largest capital redevelopment in its history. We are seeking candidates who demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other.
Joseph Brant Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-632-3737 ext. 4129.