The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit has an opening for a Manager, Health Promotion, in its Health Promotion Department based in the Lindsay office.
As a member of the Health Promotion Department Management team, the Manager is accountable to the department Director for the management of the assigned Program Standards, Requirements and Protocols of the Ontario Public Health Standards, or OPHS (http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/oph_standards/docs/ophs_2008.pdf) and then the Standards for Public Health Programs and Services (SPHPS) 2017 once finalized, and other duties as assigned by the Director.
If assigned, responsibilities will also include management of the Healthy Babies, Health Children program as described in the Ministry of Children & Youth Services Healthy Babies Healthy Children Protocol 2012 (http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/oph_standards/docs/hbhc.pdf), or as current, and the Healthy Babies Healthy Children Guidance Document 2012 (http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/oph_standards/docs/guidance/hbhc_gd.pdf) or as current).
As a member of the Health Unit Management Committee, the Manager is accountable to the Departmental Director for assisting in the operation and administration of the Health Unit and ensuring staff work within the appropriate scope of practice.
The Manager regularly encounters differing complex problems requiring judgment to identify and analyze alternative courses of action and apply them to new solutions or applications.
Direction is to be sought when solutions to problems are not apparent and/or the potential for and consequences of errors are high.
The position involves travel and variations of the working day.
Visit the Health Unit website (http://www.hkpr.on.ca/Careers/ExternalJobPostings/Manager,HealthPromotion.aspx) for full details about the position.
The successful candidate will have:
- University degree in health-related discipline
- Master’s degree in related discipline is preferred
If assigned to the management of the Health Babies Healthy Children program:
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing and Certificate of Registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Requirements for employment as a Public Health Nurse as per Regulation 566 of the Health Protection and Promotion Act
- Minimum two years in community/public health
- Registration/Certification as per department requirements
- Proficiency in the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for the role of Public Health, Manager/Supervisor as defined by the Core Competencies for Public Health in Canada (https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/public-health-practice/skills-online/core-competencies-public-health-canada.html)
- Working knowledge of the OPHS
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Proof of immunizations required by HKPRDHU
- Satisfactory completion of Health and Safety certification and Basic Emergency Management and Mental Health First Aid training within one year of hire
- Satisfactory completion of probationary period (6 months)
- For Nurses, current CPR and First Aid (HCP level) or willingness to be certified at this level within 2 months of hire
Location: Lindsay, Ontario
Salary Range: Management/Non-Union Scale – Manager 2017 - $90,754.00-$98,842.00
Start Date: To be determined
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support the participation of persons with disabilities in the recruitment process. All recruitment documents are available in alternative format, upon request.
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter
by Friday, September 8, 2017, to:
Manager, Human Resources
Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit
200 Rose Glen Road
Port Hope ON L1A 3V6
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise
that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.