Registered Nurse #21134
Community and Health Services Department
Public Health Branch, Infectious Diseases Control Division
Program Area: Vaccination Clinics
Location: Newmarket, Ontario. This is a Union position.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 20 hours minimum
Temporary Part-Time, Approx. 3 months, Salary $36.29 - $42.54 per hour
Reporting to the Supervisor, Vaccination Clinics, the Registered Nurse works autonomously to prevent illness, promote and protect health through meeting a wide range of complex client needs within the parameters outlined in the Health Protection and Promotion Act, the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care “Mandatory Programs and Services Guidelines” and other relevant legislation.
- Graduation from an approved program or school for Registered Nurses and a current Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Valid CPR certification.
- Valid Ontario Class "G" driver's license and a private vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Knowledge of Ontario Public Health Standards.
- Satisfactory Police Criminal Background Check.
- One year's experience in a community health care delivery setting.
- Computer literacy and the ability to work with computerized data base system.
- Ability to relate to clients of all ages, backgrounds, gender and sexual orientations and with varying levels of education and abilities.
- Ability to make independent decisions within the scope of the Standards of Nursing Practice.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
Please apply on-line at www.york.ca by August 17, 2017, quoting competition #21134. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email or by telephone. For additional information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit the above-mentioned website.