The Nurse Case Manager will play an essential role in supporting patients living with a chronic disease to improve both their health outcomes and quality of life. Utilizing health coaching strategies to encourage patients to self-manage their chronic condition, Case Managers will contact the patient at identified time intervals over a span of one year.
DUTIES AND RESPOPSIBILITIES
- Review patient referrals received from our client for the SDC program for accuracy and completeness.
- Complete Welcome Call activities with the patient according to defined scripts considering both the prescribed drug and the SDC Program the patient is assigned.
- Coordinate and gather the necessary information to ensure timely and accurate delivery of the specialty drug.
- Facilitate any required communication with physicians, Patient Assistant Programs or other health care professionals involved in the patients' circle of care.
- Complete initial and follow up patient health and medication adherence assessments as part of the CM program services offered.
- Provide health coaching using motivational interviewing techniques to assist patients with goal setting.
- Document all patient and patient related tasks in the patient record including duration of these activities.
- Ensure patient records are maintained and data accurate to meet program reporting requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and corporate information
- Participate in Program quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives to ensure it reflects best practice and avoids role duplication with Patient Assistance Programs.
- Maintaining skills and competencies by participating in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Registered Nurse
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated clinical experience with medical patients with chronic conditions
- Knowledge of RNAO best practices guidelines for Nurses
- Bilingual (French & English) is an asset
- Strong Computer and Technical skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, tablets, web-portals/internet use
- Mindful of accuracy and thoroughness of data entry for reporting requirements
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that include active listening
- Motivational Interviewing skills/experience an asset
- Experience in providing nursing services related to specialty pharmaceuticals an asset