Corporate Health Care Manager
The Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services, Operational Support Division, is seeking two Corporate Health Care Managers to join the Corporate Health Care team. This unique and challenging position offers an opportunity to showcase your extensive experience, knowledge and skills in the administration and oversight of correctional health services. This position will require travelling province-wide.
The Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation package, including:
• A defined benefit pension plan
• Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits
• A comprehensive health and dental plan
• Life and disability insurance
• A progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance
• Flexible learning and developmental opportunities, including online, training and mentorship programs
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization
The Ontario Public Service has been chosen as one of:
• Canada's Top 100 Employers
• Greater Toronto's Top 90 Employers
• Canada's Best Diversity Employers
• Canada's Greenest Employers
• Top Employers for Canadians Under 40
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Use your expertise to provide strategic leadership and advice to senior executives on corporate strategies to support decision-making
• Set ministry-wide direction for the delivery of health services
• Provide professional oversight to 26 correctional institutions and 6 youth secure detention facilities
• Ensure consistency with ministry and professional standards of practice
• Lead the development of health care initiatives and projects
• Chair and participate in committees/task forces
• Maintain ongoing relationships with professional associations as well as federal and provincial counterparts
How do I qualify?
• You are currently registered as a Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
Specialized Knowledge and Experience
• You have extensive knowledge and experience in health care administration and evidence-based health care practices and programs to ensure effective delivery of health services at correctional facilities province-wide
• You have knowledge of College of Nurses Professional Standards
• You have an understanding of the correctional environment and philosophies in order to develop and implement health care programs and practices in correctional facilities
• You can interpret and apply the Practice Standards and relevant legislation (e.g., Regulated Health Professions Act, Health Care Consent Act, Mental Health Act, Health Protection and Promotion Act, etc.)
Leadership, Project Planning and Management skills
• You can develop strategic plans, manage assigned projects from start through completion, and provide leadership and direction to project staff
• You have knowledge of performance measurement and risk management, and quality improvement and quality management techniques
Communication, Interpersonal and Presentation Skills
• You can provide consultation and expertise to facility staff and managers
• You can resolve various professional health care service issues
• You can prepare and present training programs
• You have strong writing skills to prepare complex and specialized reports, correspondence and decision-making material for senior executives
• You have demonstrated relationship management, consultation and conflict resolution skills
Strategic Thinking and Issues Management Skills
• You can recommend strategies to address challenges and issues related to health care performance measures, and you can manage and mitigate risks
• You have good judgment and analytical skills to identify gaps in service, standards or performance, develop recommendations and remedial action plans, monitor and implement corrective measures
Salary Range: $85,000 - $103,980 per year
- 2 Permanent, 25 Grosvenor St, Toronto, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
- Please note that this position is under review as part of the Management Job Evaluation Plan (MJEP) Project. MJEP is a new job evaluation system for manager and non-bargaining specialist positions in the Ontario Public Service.
Implementation of the new system may impact the classification and salary range for this position. Employees will be notified of any impact prior to implementation.
Please apply online, only, by Thursday, August 31, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 110259 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.