Margaret Bahen Hospice, a division of Better Living Health and Community Services has an opening for the position of Care Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the referral and admissions process for Margaret Bahen Hospice. This includes working collaboratively with referral partners, conducting the initial assessment of Resident and Caregiver eligibility and needs, working with the healthcare team to plan for admission to the hospice, and coordinating ongoing services to meet the psychosocial needs of the Resident and their Caregivers. The Residential Care Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Care, Margaret Bahen Hospice.
The successful candidate for this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing (BScN), or equivalent, required.
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience in community healthcare, long term care or hospital setting. Preference given to individuals with work experience in palliative care.
- Advanced certification in hospice or palliative care nursing an asset.
- Successful completion of Vulnerable Sector Screening within one month of employment.
- Experience working with vulnerable, or high risk populations in a healthcare environment. Preference given to individuals with knowledge of and/or experience in palliative care, community hospice, and residential hospice.
- Demonstrated person-centred approach to service delivery and commitment to hospice philosophy of care.
- Sound judgement, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Strong assessment skills. Knowledge of Palliative Performance Scale (PPS) and Edmonton Symptom Assessment (ESAS) an asset.
- Working knowledge of the interRAI Assessment tool and experience working with the Integrated Assessment Record (IAR).
- Excellent interpersonal skills required. Ability to work collaboratively with Residents, Caregivers, community stakeholders, and medical professionals in order to effectively respond to the needs of individuals referred.
- Ability to manage multiple workplace demands through strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of community resources in York Region.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Actively partners with and promotes positive relationships with all stakeholders (e.g. Resident, Caregiver, Peers, community partners).
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
The successful candidate for this position must be able to:
- Assesses individual’s eligibility for hospice services, in adherence with Margaret Bahen Hospices’s policies and admission criteria, and in consultation with the patient’s physician. Completes home visits to assess need as required.
- Communicates directly with CCAC regarding the Bed Registry.
- Triages referrals in accordance with the criteria established by the hospice and in consultation with the Director of Care and the Medical Director, as applicable.
- Manages and responds to community enquiries about residential hospice.
- Manages communications with referral sources and community partners (e.g. CCAC, HPC Team) as it relates to the need for additional information and/or admission status.
- Communicates the bed offer and plans for admission of Residents to Margaret Bahen Hospice in coordination with the Resident and Caregiver, Director of Care, CCAC, community support organizations, and attending physician(s) as applicable.
- Responsible for initial assessment of Resident and Family needs (e.g. physical, psychosocial, social, spiritual) and the development of the admissions Service Plan.
- Collect and maintains up to date admissions data, as required for quality and reporting requirements of the organization.
- Provide assessment and case management support to community hospice as required.
- Maintain good documentation, record keeping, and statistical reporting practices.
- Develops collaborative relationships with other community service providers.
- Advances professional knowledge on an ongoing basis through learning and development opportunities.
SALARY: $44,554 - $49,722 per year
We welcome all resumes, however, only those granted an interview will be contacted. Thank you.