We are currently seeking:
Full-time Clinical Educator (CE)—Nursing & PSW
7 months contract position
Reporting to the Manager, Professional Practice, you will provide leadership and guidance to assist nurses, PSWs, and other clinical/care staff to maintain and enhance their competencies in order to advance practice excellence and client-centeredness in all aspects of care and service delivery. You will work in collaboration with the Professional Practice Specialists (PPS) to plan, develop and facilitate delivery of education and orientation programs, and will contribute to the evaluation of those programs.
You will also work in partnership with the nursing and personal support care team supervisors and coaches to facilitate and provide ongoing support to staff during and after learning of clinical competencies. This will ensure core and enhanced competencies of clinical staff are validated through the implementation of knowledge translation principles at the point-of-care. As the CE, you will act as a role model; set standards for performance; and provide innovative and flexible learning opportunities to support continuous professional development.
You will be responsible to review and contribute to performance evaluations of nurses, PSW and clinical/care support staff as requested including participation in remedial performance plans where there are practice issues or concerns.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND BEHAVIOURS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario is required
- Undergraduate Degree in Nursing Science/Nursing is essential; with preference given to candidates with a Graduate Degree in Nursing or Education
- Membership with professional association (RNAO or CNA); preference given to candidates with CCHN(C) certification
- 3-5 years progressive experience in nursing—of which 1 year includes experience in clinical education
- Demonstrated understanding of the health care services and delivery processes in the community and home care sector
- Ability to explain and apply the theoretical, empirical and experiential foundation of nursing/clinical practice, and to develop and disseminate evidence-based knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to use adult learning principles to plan, develop, deliver/ facilitate and evaluate education programs to meet client needs, support evidence-based best practice, and promote a client and family-centred philosophy of care
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in education within a coaching/mentoring context
- Strong clinical practitioner with an ability to use knowledge-transfer techniques to put research-based knowledge into practice
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and ability to plan and prioritize in a continuously changing environment
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills coupled with strong organizational and self-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a collaborative interprofessional team
- Demonstrated ability to achieve personal and organizational performance targets
- Awareness and understanding of all relevant legislation related to practice standards, standards of safety and quality, and employment standards - including human rights legislation
- Demonstrated commitment to modelling lifelong learning and continuous professional growth
- Valid driver’s license and use of a car on the job is required
To apply: Please Click Here or visit www.vha.ca/careers
VHA Home HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
VHA is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment.
If you require an accommodation, let us know in advance.
Accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada
An RNAO Best Practice Spotlight Organization designate and;
A founding member agency of United Way Toronto.