Acclaim Health announces the availability of a Full-Time Senior Manager, Health Services position. The incumbent is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Health Services department including, nursing services and home and personal support services.
- Under the direction of the Director, Health Services develops and implements quality initiatives aimed at correcting negative variances, addressing gaps, mitigating risks and promoting client safety.
- Ensures adherence to the Acclaim Health Quality Framework (Quality Management, Risk Management and Resource Allocation) including organizational policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario and Accreditation Canada’s Standards.
- Liaises effectively with internal business partners (IT, HR, DM, Finance, Quality) and participates in external committees
- Meets funder and internal performance metrics and ensures compliance with contracts
- Identifies, minimizes and manages patient risk in accordance with risk management and incident reporting standards, policies and procedures
- Creates an environment within the Nursing and Personal Support Services programs that aligns with Acclaim Health’s mission, vision and values
- Provides internal customer service excellence through leading by example utilizing coaching and mentoring to ensure excellence in patient care
- Collaborates in the implementation of the financial plan and implements plans to address negative variances
- Collaborates with Human Resources and the Nursing and Home and Personal Support Services team to oversee the recruitment, orientation, development and performance management of direct reports
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Baccalaureate Degree, Nursing or equivalent.
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses.
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or Health Care Management an asset.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license, use of vehicle and insurance per Acclaim Health policy.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of demonstrated business and management experience.
- Financial Management experience.
- Strong operational planning and project management skills
- Strong business development skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in human resource management.
- Demonstrated ability in assessment, problem-solving and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in quality/risk management.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member.