Job Posting #:0000001571
Position Available: Registered Nurse
Status: Casual/Relief (2 positions)
Department: Inpatient Psychiatry - 1 West
Shifts: Days/Evenings/Nights/Weekends/Extended Tours
Internal employees must apply by midnight on July 28, 2017.
Inpatient Mental Health is seeking two casual/relief Registered Nurses to join their multidisciplinary team.
- Current certificate of competence in the Province of Ontario.
- Minimum of two (2) years current experience in psychiatric inpatient clinical setting.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills with team members.
- Demonstrated ability to use therapeutic verbal and non-verbal communication techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client's mental and functional status.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate, plan and implement care plan with clients with psychiatric disorders.
- Monitors client safety to minimize risk through use of observation levels, seclusion, restraints.
- Administers and monitors medication(s) accurately and safely.
- Awareness of family dynamics and multicultural issues.
- Demonstrated collaboration with the client, health care providers and others to access and coordinate resources and services.
- Plans access to resources required to manage potential emergency situations.
- Invokes Mental Health Act provisions as necessary.
- Explains the rationale to clients for assessment procedures and/or pharmaco therapy and/or electro convulsive therapy.
- Provides relevant information and guidance to the client's significant others.
- Incorporates knowledge of innovations and changes in Nursing Practice, Psychiatry and Mental Health.
- Advocates for the client within the context of institutional, professional, family and community interests and recognizes the right of the client to make choices with which the nurse may not agree.
- Maintains confidentiality of client information.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills to enable documentation of clinical data.
- Willingness to learn new models of care delivery, i.e. Primary Nursing, Tidal Model, etc.
- Willingness to provide care via both individual and group approaches.
- Collaborates in the formulation of mental health promotion activities.
- Acts as a role model for novice and/or student nurses.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality and availability.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply by clicking the "Apply for Job" button and proceed with the necessary steps. Please note that although we appreciate each and every application, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a visionary community hospital, demonstrating commitment to strong successful relationships between its patients, their families and its health care teams. You will have the chance to join JBH as it embraces its new vision, new Strategic Plan, and carries out the largest capital redevelopment in its history. We are seeking candidates who demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other.
Joseph Brant Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-632-3737 ext. 4129.