General & Shift Community Nurse – Kingston
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) looking to apply your nursing skills and expertise as part of a dynamic team of professionals? Then, consider joining CBI Health Group in one of these exciting positions offering career development opportunities.
As a General & Shift Community Nurse within CBI Home Health, a division of CBI Health Group, you’ll be an integral part of a values-based, results-oriented and collaborative organization focused on providing more access and better health outcomes to patients and communities across Canada. CBI Home Health is a service organization built upon a foundation of delivering premium quality interactions with every client and customer, setting the standard of care across the country. We are actively recruiting for Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses for Home Care Shifts and Visits, including evenings and weekends, in our Kingston, Ontario area.
As an RN or RPN, you will:
- Draw on your excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team as well as with families from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Demonstrate good organizational skills, with an ability to be flexible and adapt to effectively meet the changing needs and priorities of the unit
- Maintain a good attendance and work record.
To take on the role of General & Shift Community Nurse, you must:
- hold a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse diploma or degree
- have current RN / RPN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- hold current BCLS/CPR certification or agree to obtain within 3 months of commencing employment
- be able to cover rural areas in the Kingston area
- be able to handle both community visits and shifts
- be able to work shifts of one hour or longer
- be able to work alternating weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- be available to do evening visits (5 evenings out of 2 weeks)
- have had the 2-step Mantoux test (TB) within the last 12 months
- have had Vulnerable Sector police clearance within the last 12 months
- hold current CPR and First Aid certification.
CBI Home Health offers:
- Competitive salary
- Shift premiums
- Group health and dental benefits
- Paid in-services and orientation
About CBI Health Group:
CBI Health Group is Canada’s largest provider of integrated community healthcare. For over 40 years, we have remained totally committed to improving the health and enriching the lives of Canadians.
What sets us apart is our ability to work as a unified network dedicated to the ongoing learning that allows us to foster best practices, improve access to care and create better results for our patients. We organize our teams and services to ensure the right professionals and caregivers provide the right service, at the right time, in the right place.
In over 250 facilities, our services are provided by a dedicated team of more than 11,000 administrators, support staff and care providers that include physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered massage therapists, kinesiologists, chiropractors, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, physicians, nurses, dietitians and behaviour therapists.
The CBI group of companies includes CBI Health Centres, CBI Home Health, We Care Home Health Services, Monarch House, CBI Workplace Solutions, and CBI Assessment Services. Our expanding transitional and residential community care network now numbers more than 60 homes nationwide.
At CBI, our people really care and believe that by working together, we can aim higher and make great things happen every day.
Facebook: facebook.com/cbihealthgroup | Twitter: twitter.com/cbihealthgroup | www.cbi.ca
CBI Health Group is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment and selection process.
To apply for this position, submit your resume to Sharon Hunter, at email@example.com, stating “General & Shift Community Nurse, Kingston” in the subject line, by Friday, August 18, 2017. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.