Area of Assignment: Systemic Therapy
Basic Function and Scope:
The Specialized Oncology Nurse practices at a high level of autonomy and accountability in collaboration with the Regional Systemic Treatment Program (RSTP) at the Regional Cancer Centre located in Kingston and the inter-professional team at Lennox and Addington County General Hospital (LACGH), to provide a continuum of patient care from prevention, early detection, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, palliation, bereavement and survivorship.
Hours of Work:
Rotating shifts in the unit as required
Will be in accordance with the O.N.A. Collective Agreement for Registered Nurse Classification.
- Graduate of a Bachelor of Nursing Science (BScN) or equivalent;
- MScN preferred;
- Current B.C.L.S. Certification;
- Provincial standardized Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Course with annual competency certification;
- Canadian Nurses’ Association Certification in Oncology CON(c);
- DeSouza Nurse Designation preferred.
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- A minimum of five (5) years of Chemotherapy nursing practice in the last ten (10) years;
- Experience with utilization management, identifying and developing strategies to improve efficiencies in care, resource management and discharge planning.
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Knowledge of the pharmacology of chemotherapy agents;
- Must have previous proven good performance and attendance record;
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills;
- Ability to provide strong leadership and team building skills;
- Demonstrated ability to utilize clinical and information technology to enhance patient care;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients, the public and all levels of staff via verbal, written and electronic methodologies;
- Proven proficiency and familiarity with internet and e-communications and able to perform on-line information/data searches;
- Membership in the Canadian Oncology Nurses Association of Canada.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
The Lennox and Addington County General Hospital is an equal opportunity employer providing a barrier free workplace supported by the Hospital’s Accessibility Plan. Persons with disabilities may request accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
The Lennox and Addington County General Hospital is a smoke free organization.
If you are interested and possess the qualifications listed above you are invited to apply in writing to Trina Kelly, Human Resources.
Human Resources, Lennox and Addington County General Hospital,
Attn: Trina Kelly, 8 Richmond Park Drive, Napanee, ON K7R 2Z4
Phone: 613-354-3301 ext. 221
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted