The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) is currently seeking a Public Health Nurse to work in a temporary, full-time capacity, on MLHU’s Best Beginnings team within the Healthy Start division until April 2018. Under the direction of the Manager, Best Beginnings East, the incumbent will:
- Deliver home visiting services as outlined in the Healthy Babies Healthy Children (HBHC) Guidance Document (2012);
- Conduct screening and assessment of client health needs;
- Collaborate with Family Home Visitors to provide case management for vulnerable and newcomer families using a blended home visiting model;
- Work collaboratively with community agencies to provide HBHC service to vulnerable families, and work within the Service Coordination Protocol;
- Maintain documentation as per agency guidelines utilizing the ISCIS database;
- Provide breastfeeding support to new mothers following the Baby Friendly Initiative guidelines; and,
- Participate in inter-team/interdisciplinary work within the Healthy Start Division; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited nursing program (BScN) is required.
- Current certificate of competence from the Ontario College of Nurses (CNO) is a requirement.
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication & presentation skills.
- Proficient technical skills in the areas of documentation, Microsoft Office, & database software.
- Ability to work flexible hours is required.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and own transportation.
- The ability to communicate (oral and written) in French, Arabic and/or any other language(s) is highly desirable.
- Preference will be given to those who have experience with home visiting and vulnerable families, as well as a solid understanding of the Social Determinants of Health.
- Training in Triple P, NCAST, and PIPE is considered an asset.
- Experience in assessing newborns and mothers is considered an asset.
Please see www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services. To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page by July 10, 2017 quoting posting #: BBEFTPHNOPP-0617.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please indicate in your cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.