SENIORS’ MENTAL HEALTH COMMUNITY NURSE CLINICIAN
PROGRAM: REGIONAL SENIORS MENTAL HEALTH CONSULTATION PROGRAM
BASE OFFICE: SUNDRIDGE OR PARRY SOUND SITES
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To provide comprehensive mental health nursing services to consumers served by the Senior’s Mental Health Program – Regional Consultation Service for the purpose of maintaining and/or reintegrating individuals in the community at their optimal level of functioning. The clinician will work independently as well as in consultation as a member of an interdisciplinary team
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Registered with the College of Registered Nurses of Ontario and have a license to practice. Preference will be given for post-diploma education, e.g. B.ScN and/or Psychiatric Nursing and/or Community Nursing and/or Gerontological Nursing Certificate.
Knowledgeable of current community mental health issues, nursing theory and practice, psychiatric nursing experience (including psycho-geriatrics).
Provide direct and indirect care/support for consumers and their families/caregivers in the community by performing such tasks as:
- Completing initial nursing assessment utilizing specific and specialized assessment tools
- Developing a goal-directed care plan
- Using a range of interventions including individual, group and family counseling, health teaching and supportive counseling in areas such as substance abuse, grief, palliative care issues, anxiety disorders, severe mental illness, personality disorders, organic brain disease and age related mental illness.
- Maintaining documentation throughout the consumer admission to program, of all clinical contacts as directed by the Standards of Nursing Practice and program/agency policies
- Participating in research and educational activities
- Participating in the evaluation and monitoring of the Seniors Mental Health Consultation Program.
A valid Ontario G or G2 driver’s license and a safe and reliable means of transportation. The ability to work evenings or weekends.
Salary scale: $27.43 - $39.93 depending on education and years of experience
Benefits: Comprehensive benefit package and registered pension plan with HOOPP
Canadian Mental Health Association Muskoka – Parry Sound (CMHAMPS) is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace.
Qualified consumers/survivors and/or family members are encouraged to apply.
We retain all applications submitted for one year after the closing date of this posting for consideration in any future postings.
As part of our commitment to Accessibility, if you wish this information in a different format, please contact our office at 705-645-2262 or email email@example.com. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please let us know prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that we are scent-free organization.
You are invited to submit your application by 4:30 p.m. on July 14, 2017, to:
The Hiring Committee
Canadian Mental Health Association, Muskoka-Parry Sound Branch
173-202 Manitoba Street
Bracebridge, Ontario P1L 1S3
Telephone: (705) 645-2262 Fax: (705) 645-7473 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org