Community Nurse Manager
Toronto, Ottawa, Brampton, Markham & Norfolk
If you are a Registered Nurse who leads by example in upholding best practices in care delivery, and has what it takes to build and inspire a team aligned with the corporate values and vision as well as clinical goals and service standards, CBI Health Group has an exciting career opportunity.
As Community Nurse Manager, Residential and Transitional Homes, for CBI Home Health Ontario, you will call upon your nursing, leadership and problem-solving skills as you provide overall clinical and managerial expertise in the management of our residential and transitional homes. With direct responsibility for supervising, directing and organizing care staff and patients assigned to you, your focus will be on achieving the best possible outcomes in terms of the independent, optimal functioning of the patient while maintaining appropriate staffing levels and staff competency through daily support, monitoring of staffing needs, supervision and guidance. This pivotal role will see you working in coordination with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the patients’ experience meets or exceeds their expectations.
We have five opportunities available, one at each of the locations indicated.
As a Community Nurse Manager, you will:
- Ensure effective scheduling, training, hiring, onboarding, performance management, performance reviews, mentoring and coaching
- Promote and facilitate communication and collaboration between Care Staff and patients to assist in the healing and rehabilitation process
- Lead and manage Care Staff to accomplish and exceed CBI goals and objectives through effective engagement and alignment with its vision and values
- Develop and nurture relationships with stakeholders and organizations that refer patients to CBI
- Work in partnership with stakeholders to determine and identify key areas of service required by the patient
- Anticipate what stakeholders want and manage expectations
- Scan transitional homes for operational needs and manage supplies and staffing requests
- Provide clinic input into business decisions, service delivery model and developmental opportunities
- Ensure that service delivered aligns with key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Work closely with the Director of Operations and Service Manager to address trends in overall performance
- Ensure staffing requirements meet demand levels
- Align local objectives with corporate goals and functional goals, identifying business metrics to meet and exceed the CBI vision and values
- Ensure that transitional homes are meeting provincial requirements
- Ensure clinical audits are performed regularly to ensure services delivered meet and/or exceed standards
- Provide input into developing clinical education and training needs and/or opportunities
- Ensure best practices are met and adherence to guidelines is established with clinical staff on a local, regional and central level.
To take on the role of Community Nurse Manager, you must:
- Be a Registered Nurse with a background in psychiatry
- Be registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Have experience in Nursing and/or Clinical Management
- Be proficient in basic computer applications such as Word and Outlook
- Be results-oriented, adaptable, well organized and able to function independently
- Possess sound written and verbal communication and multi-tasking skills
- Be able to provide employee development and coaching
- Have well developed observational and interpretive skills to support service integration, delivery and operational review and analysis
- Have the ability to find creative solutions to problems and to develop alternative strategies to support quality improvement initiatives
- Be willing to further your skills through additional training.
About CBI Health Group:
CBI Health Group is Canada’s largest provider of integrated community healthcare. For over 40 years, we have remained totally committed to improving the health and enriching the lives of Canadians.
What sets us apart is our ability to work as a unified network dedicated to the ongoing learning that allows us to foster best practices, improve access to care and create better results for our patients. We organize our teams and services to ensure the right professionals and caregivers provide the right service, at the right time, in the right place.
In over 250 facilities, our services are provided by a dedicated team of more than 11,000 administrators, support staff and care providers that include physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered massage therapists, kinesiologists, chiropractors, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, physicians, nurses, dietitians and behaviour therapists.
The CBI group of companies includes CBI Health Centres, CBI Home Health, We Care Home Health Services, Monarch House, CBI Workplace Solutions, and CBI Assessment Services. Our expanding transitional and residential community care network now numbers more than 60 homes nationwide.
At CBI, our people really care and believe that by working together, we can aim higher and make great things happen every day.
Facebook: facebook.com/cbihealthgroup | Twitter: twitter.com/cbihealthgroup | www.cbi.ca
CBI Health Group is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment and selection process.
To apply for this position, submit your resume to Elena McGuire, at EMcGuire@cbi.ca, stating “Community Nurse Manager” and the preferred location(s) in the subject line, by Friday, July 28, 2017. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.