We are currently seeking a:
Quality Improvement and Client Safety Specialist - Permanent Full-time (GTA based)
To provide leadership and guidance to management, staff and service providers on all quality and client safety related practices; to develop, coordinate, implement and evaluate quality and client safety-related initiatives, programs and processes focused on improving outcomes and experience.
Key Skills, Experience and Behaviours required for this position:
- Regulated health professional (Baccalaureate or Master’s Degree) in good standing with respective college.
- Relevant degree/certification in quality and patient safety (e.g. MSc in Quality Improvement & Patient Safety, C-QuIPs Certificate, IHI Open School Certificate, etc.).
- At least five years’ experience in healthcare with experience working in the field of quality and safety. Advanced knowledge of quality improvement approaches, principles and frameworks with proven ability to implement and evaluate quality improvement methodologies.
- Experience in leading and/or coordinating accreditation surveys with the ability to drive projects related Accreditation Canada’s standards and safety-based required organizational standards (ROPs).
- Awareness of quality & safety standards/practices outlined by relevant legislation and organizational bodies such as Health Quality Ontario, Accreditation Canada and the Canadian Patient Safety Institute.
- Understanding of incident and complaint management systems and ability to identify/analyze root causes, contributing factors and trends.
- Critical thinker that strives to develop solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Experience monitoring and conducting performance audits to assess compliance with quality and contract standards.
- Familiarity with best practices to improve client safety culture and client/staff experience, an asset.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with demonstrated ability to work across regions/departments/provider groups to achieve quality indicators and outcomes.
- Strong computer and data analysis skills, proficient with MS Excel and MS Office Suite.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Skills in facilitation of groups/work teams, presentations and adult education.
- Good judgement, initiative and tact.
- Demonstrated commitment to client and family centered care.
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated ability to be self-directed, working independently and as a member of a collaborative team.
- Proven track record of achieving personal and organizational performance targets.
VHA Home HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
VHA is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment.
If you require an accommodation, let us know in advance.
Accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada
An RNAO Best Practice Spotlight Organization designate and;
A founding member agency of United Way Toronto.