Registered Practical Nurse
Are you a skilled and well-organized Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) and able to work autonomously? Do you have a strong commitment to the care and well-being of others? If your answer is yes, please consider this rewarding opportunity with the health care team at the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services' Central North Correctional Centre.
We are recruiting for:
• 1 Regular, Full-Time position
• 5 Temporary On-Call/Irregularly Scheduled positions – working 0 - 40 hrs per week, with no guaranteed minimum number of hours
The Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation package for regular positions, including:
• A defined benefit pension plan
• Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits
• A comprehensive health and dental plan
• Life and disability insurance
• A progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance
• Flexible learning and developmental opportunities, including online, training and mentorship programs
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization
The Ontario Public Service has been chosen as one of:
• Canada's Top 100 Employers
• Greater Toronto's Top 90 Employers
• Canada's Best Diversity Employers
• Canada's Greenest Employers
• Top Employers for Canadians Under 40
What can I expect to do in this role?
Within an organization that values diversity, your role will include:
• completing health assessments
• developing plans of care
• preparing and administering medications
• providing emergency or urgent care
• maintaining accurate medical records
• assisting with health care discharge planning
• liaising with other clinical and correctional professionals
How do I qualify?
• you are currently registered in good standing as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• you possess a medication administration certificate and evidence of continuing education in medications
• you are certified in CPR at the BCLS level
• you can interpret and apply relevant legislation (i.e. Personal Health Information Protection Act and Health Care Consent Act)
• you have excellent knowledge of medication administration practices
• you have knowledge of standard infection prevention and control practices
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
• you use your analytical and problem-solving skills to assist in the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of health care treatment plans
• you use sound judgement to identify and assess health care issues and emergency situations
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• you communicate effectively and can present information in a clear and concise manner
• you can work within an inter-professional team environment, ensuring collaboration with inmates, staff and other professionals
• you use your computer skills to prepare reports, facilitate communication and input and retrieve data
Salary Range: $966.00 - $1,062.80 per week
- 5 Temporary, duration up to 6 months, 1501 Fuller Ave, Penetanguishene, Central Region, Enhanced – Criminal Record (CPIC) Check, Vulnerable Service Sector (VSS) check, Intelligence Check, Local Police Record Check, Credit Check
- 1 Permanent, 1501 Fuller Ave, Penetanguishene, Central Region, Enhanced - CPIC, VSS, PIP, Niche/RMS, Credit
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 108982, by Friday, June 30, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.