The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) is currently seeking a Public Health Nurse to work in a temporary, full-time capacity, on MLHU’s Reproductive Health team within the Healthy Start division until June 2018. Under the direction of the Manager, Reproductive Health, the incumbent will:
- Function within the mission, philosophy & policies of both MLHU & the division;
- Utilize evidence-informed practice;
- Assist in Healthy Start Division Prenatal review;
- Assist in Preconception strategy development;
- Facilitate programs for vulnerable pregnant women;
- Collaborate as a member within the Healthy Start division teams and interdisciplinary teams; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited nursing program (BScN) is required.
- Current certificate of competence from the Ontario College of Nurses (CNO) is a requirement.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Proficient in facilitating and presenting in group settings.
- Organizational skills and initiative.
- Proficiency in the areas of documentation, Microsoft Office, and database software.
- Ability to work flexible hours is required.
- Preference will be given to those with knowledge, skills, and experience related to reproductive health (preconception and prenatal), community mobilization, planning, evaluation, and comprehensive population health strategies.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and own transportation.
- The ability to communicate (oral and written) in French, Arabic and/or any other language(s) is highly desirable.
Please see www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services. To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page by June 22, 2017 quoting posting #: RHFTPHNOPP-0517.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please indicate in your cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.