The County of Elgin, Homes and Senior Services has an exciting career opportunity for (1) Full-Time Manager of Resident Care position at Terrace Lodge in Aylmer, ON (approximately 30 minutes driving time from Wellington Road & 401 in London, ON).
Reporting to the Administrator / Director of Senior Services, the Manager of Resident Care directs, manages and is accountable for all aspects of Terrace Lodge Long Term Care Home’s nursing department, including the supervision of resident care, communications and relations with family members, and the leadership of nursing staff.
• Responsible for the efficient and effective operations of all aspects of the nursing department.
• Directs the implementation and review of relevant County policies, procedures and processes required to ensure the Home meets and/or exceeds government legislation and industry standards.
• Ensures ongoing compliance of the nursing department to required County policies and procedures, collective agreements and provincial legislation, including but not limited to, the following: Long Term Care Homes Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Labour Relations Act, Ontario Human Rights Act, Employment Services Act.
• Determines and directs the nursing scope of practice and delegates clinical and supervisory responsibilities to registered nursing staff.
• Monitors and evaluates the quality and effectiveness of Homes’ programs and accuracy of documentation. Acts to improve services when required.
• Assumes and provides Supervisory leadership for the nursing department in: recruiting, hiring, and training of staff; scheduling; creating a positive workplace culture; ensuring open communications with all staff; monitoring the proper administration of Homes’ and County policies and procedures and collective agreements; budget preparation and administration.
• Registered Nurse with a current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• A BScN degree or Nursing and Health Care Leadership/Management Certificate will be considered an asset.
• Minimum of five (5) years experience as a Registered Nurse, experience in geriatrics, rehabilitation or long-term care is preferred.
• Demonstrated teaching experience in dealing with both professional and non-professional levels of nursing staff, preferably in geriatric, rehabilitation or long-term care nursing setting.
• Experience in a leadership role of a varied health care team in a unionized environment preferred.
• Advanced understanding of the Long Term Care Act, MDS-RAI and provincial legislation.
• Competency in the use of computer programs including Point Click Care, Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent interpersonal, supervisory and organizational skills.
Application Deadline: 4:30pm Friday June 23, 2017
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume (in one PDF or Word file) to: email@example.com. Job posting # must be indicated in the subject line. Incorrect information may result in withdrawal of your application. Confirmation will be sent upon receipt of your email application.