Copernicus Lodge is seeking an energetic, motivated individual to fill the full-time role of EDUCATOR & QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST. This position reports to the CEO and works in partnership and collaboration with the multi-disciplinary and senior management team. This position provides leadership and support for clinical practice and all quality initiatives and develops, facilitates and coordinates all training, education and employee development across the organization. This involves planning, developing, implementing, evaluating and analyzing all programs and organizational metrics to enhance the provision of care and services, quality improvement, and team development.
- Plan, design, develop, implement, and evaluate all education, training and development and ongoing in-service education, staff health and safety and Continuous Quality Improvement programs in collaboration with Department Managers.
- Lead the Quality Improvement & Risk Management plan & initiatives for the organization
- Provide opportunities for staff to learn about new skills and knowledge in general and the specific care specialties of Copernicus Lodge, and to keep abreast of current gerontology and safe work practices.
- Assist staff in fulfilling their job expectations by increasing competence and upgrading skills in specific areas of practice and through a detailed auditing process.
- Develop staff potentials to the maximum.
- Encourages staff members to participate in CQI activities, staff health and safety programs, continuing education, in-service programs and mandatory programs.
- Serve as an educational lead & resource to all managers and committees to assist them in identifying and responding to the learning needs of staff; while designing, delivering and evaluating the educational, staff health and safety and CQI programs.
- Participate in strategic planning to enable identification of learning needs and continuous quality improvement measures.
- Develop, implement, audit and evaluate annually compliance with strategic plan, quality improvement & risk management plan & legislative compliance.
- Serve as Chair of the Education and CQI Committee & serve as a member on the Board of Directors Quality Assurance and Risk Management Committee.
- Collaborate with Managers when developing and implementing policies and procedures to guide the educational learning of staff and CQI activities of the home.
- In conjunction with the CEO, ensure the annual development, implementation and evaluation of the Annual Quality Improvement Plan and all associated documents. Publicize results to stakeholders.
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario or Bachelor in Health Administration or related education and experience
- Post-RN education and/or experience in gerontology is an asset;
- Knowledge and/or experience in Dementia Care
- Evidence of strong clinical knowledge
- Knowledge and experience with using and interpreting quality metrics and change management methodologies required
- Extensive experience in staff education in a healthcare or similar organization.
- Extensive experience to implement strategies that effectively facilitate change,
- Possess a commitment to learning, training and development and knowledge transfer.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Develop and sustain collaborative relationships both internally and externally within the community and with academic partners
- Experience in quality improvement, risk management, education & development.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively both orally and in writing at all levels of the organization.
- Sound knowledge of government legislation related to long-term care and occupational health and safety.
- Must have good organizational skills when maintaining accurate and updated information and files.
- Must possess superior computer skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Submission of a Vulnerable Persons Police Check is a condition of employment.
Deadline: ASAP, but no later than June 23, 2017
Compensation: Competitive total compensation & benefits package commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
Please note that accommodations can be made by request in the hiring process in accordance with AODA legislation. We would like to thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Sample: We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.