We are looking for a dynamic leader with demonstrated management and administrative skills to support the growth and development of SHHA to meet the future needs of the communities we serve. The Site Director/Chief Nursing Executive (CNE) is a leadership position, reporting to the President & CEO that is central to the successful operation of SHHA. The Site Director CNE will collaborate with corporate leaders to facilitate the smooth functioning of day to day site operations and also provide an on-site presence to deal with issues that may arise in the absence of the President & CEO. It is a position requiring strong leadership, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strategic planning and team building capabilities, together with financial and administrative expertise.
The Site Director/CNE participates in the development of the strategic direction of the organization and demonstrates the ability to gain commitment to the mission, vision and values of the SHHA and the capacity to mobilize others to achieve organizational goals.
The Site Director/CNE will be also be responsible for strategic leadership, the management and direction of clinical programs and related activities as well as providing guidance and counsel to the President & CEO and Board in all clinical/patient care areas. The Site Director/CNE addresses with all over-arching Nursing related issues such as scope of practice, etc. and is accountable for continuous improvement of clinical performance.
Written progress reports on the implementation of the above plans will be provided as required to the President & CEO, ensuring appropriate systems, resources and other infrastructures are in place to achieve the current and long-range healthcare objectives of SHHA are achieved.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years recent experience with a successful track record of organizational management at the senior level in the health care sector.
- Financial and clinical experience backed by a graduate degree in a business or health-related discipline, or a suitable combination of education and experience will be an asset.
- The successful candidate must be a team player possessing high integrity, confidence and maturity with a proven ability to initiate and develop relationships with partners and the community
- The current CNE role will be expanding to include additional responsibilities of Site Director.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Graduate degree in nursing or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years of progressive leadership experience in a complex health care setting
- Collaborative and visionary leader with a proven track record of inspiring people and mobilizing teams
- Current driver’s license and vehicle
- Demonstrated experience in effectively leading change
- Excellent communication skills
- A track record of innovation
- A highly strategic and inspirational clinical leader
- Excellent and proven interpersonal skills
- A credible leader who acts with integrity