||Manager - General Internal Medicine
||Medicine Health Services
||37.5 hours per week
|Number of Position(s)
|Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.|
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart.
The Manager is responsible for ensuring that patient care and services are delivered in accordance with the Hospital's vision and strategic goals and quality outcomes. As a clinical manager in a large scale acute care hospital, this role will be responsi ble for developing and monitoring policies, and budgets, managing human resources, and leading staff to ensure excellent quality in patient care and quality improvement for two large general internal medicine units, with a significant focus on care of th e older adult, strokes, and diseases of the gastro intestinal system. The manager shows evidence of achieving results, leading effectively, thinking critically and demonstrates personal effectiveness. The Manager ensures patient and staff safety practice s are maintained, engages staff in the use of evidence-based best practice, and promotes a culture of continuous practice improvement. The manager, in partnership with the Clinical Resource Leaders (CRLs), enables staff to deliver safe, excellent patient and family centered care. The Manager and CRL partner to support corporate change initiatives, achievement of unit goals and review of staff clinical competence and performance.
- Undergraduate degree in a clinical discipline
- Master's degree in related field required
- Certifications in leadership and care of the elderly, preferred
- Current registration with professional college/association
- Minimum of five years clinical practice at least part of which is in the specialty of General Internal Medicine and Care of the Elderly; at least two years in a leadership capacity required.
- Experience in a unionized environment with strong labour and employee relations skills.
- Effective leadership skills with experience in developing others.
- Strong organizational awareness and knowledge of organizational structures and functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and interper sonal skills.
- Demonstrated superior problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to think strategically and align actions with strategic goals.
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated ability to forecast, plan and monitor the operating and capital equipment budget for areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrated embodiment of MGH core values.
- Advocate for patients, staff and the advancement of professional practice.
- Demonstrated strong customer focus.
- Knowledge of scheduling and staffing principles.
- Demonstrated ability in fair and equitable work practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work and collaborate effectively as a team member.
- Working knowledge of clinical/administrative computer software, as required.
- Demons trated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital ( TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient an d staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
|The Advantages of Working at MGH
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Tuition Assistance
- Patient-focused Care
- Shared Governance
- Professional Practice Development
- Open Communication Practices
- New Graduate Opportunities