Reporting to the HCC RN Supervisor, the Home and Community Care (HCC) Nurse develops, coordinates and implements in-home nursing services, works with a team of Personal Support Workers (PSWs) and the Long Term Care RPN. This individual will directly provide in-home client-centered nursing services to Deer Lake First Nation clients.The H&CC Nurse will fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the standards of practice and guidelines of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Develops, coordinates and implements in-home nursing services under the direction of the KO HCC RN Supervisor, and in conjunction with Deer Lake’s NIC and community HD.
- Works with a team of Personal Support Workers (PSWs), unregulated healthcare providers, and other healthcare professionals in the program.
- Provides in-home, client-centred nursing services to Deer Lake First Nation band members including Mental Health clients.
- Maintains a relationship with the medical professionals in the community, the Chief and Council,
and other stakeholders.
- Attends workshops, training and other professional development initiatives to ensure nursing skills remain current.
- Assists the HCC RN Supervisor with preparing reports for the KO Director of Nursing and annual
year end reports for Health Canada.
- Perform other duties requested by KO Health Director or Director of Nursing.
- Charting using the Community Electronic Medical Record (cEMR) Mustimuhw.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Registered Nurse (RN) in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- 2 years experience delivering nursing care in a home or community setting.
- Foot care course would be an asset; Mental Health nursing an asset.
- Knowledge on culture and tradition of remote First Nation communities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to speak Ojibway, Oji-Cree, or Cree is an asset.
- Ability to prepare and submit reports.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft office applications) and willing to learn a new EMR.
- Awareness of working with Unregulated Health Workers; Transfer/Delegation of Skills, processes and requirements.
- Schedule: 5 weeks in/ 3 weeks out (working in Deer Lake First Nation
Location: Balmertown, Ontario. Deadline for applications: June 16, 2017
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org