||Supervisor - Operating Room
||Surgery Health Services
||37.5 hours per week
|Number of Position(s)
|Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.|
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart.
The Supervisor reports to the Manager, and is responsible for ensuring patient care services are delivered with high quality, safety and consistency on a daily basis. This is achieved through continuous supervision of care team members to promote care th at is patient centered, timely and efficient. The Supervisor enables care team members to coordinate and integrate services and encourages ongoing performance improvement.
The incumbent maximizes the use of available resources to facilitate efficient p atient throughput and patient care excellence. Surgical Suite / Ambulatory Procedure unit includes Endoscopy, Urology, Minor Surgery, Operating Rooms.
- Undergraduate degree in Administration or Clinical discipline
- Current certificate of competence issued by the discipline's licensing body in Ontario
- OR certificate required
- Demonstrated experience in incremental leadership responsibilities in the field of nursing /healthcare.
- Ambulatory clinical roles for the last 5 years
- Recent experience in a Surgical Suite Environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of patient/staff s cheduling systems, payroll systems, workload management systems
- Demonstrated computer literacy with competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer
- Flexible, organized and self-directed within scope of respon sibility; has initiative and independent judgment
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication, coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, problem-solve with proven critical and creative thinking skills.
- Evidence of ongoing educ ation (e.g. workshops, seminars, etc.) and up-grading of technical skills and knowledge
- Good work and attendance record required
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto Eas t General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and a biding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
|The Advantages of Working at MGH
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Tuition Assistance
- Patient-focused Care
- Shared Governance
- Professional Practice Development
- Open Communication Practices
- New Graduate Opportunities