Job Posting #:0000001390
Internal employees must apply by midnight on May 22, 2017.
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a visionary community hospital demonstrating commitment to strong, successful relationships between its patients, their families and its health care teams. You will have the opportunity to join JBH as it embraces a new vision, a new Strategic Plan, and begins the largest capital redevelopment in its history.
JBH is currently recruiting for a full time Professional Practice Educator to join our leading Professional Practice Team to support our Rehab, Complex Care & Transitional Care Program. Reporting to the Director, Mental Health and Rehabilitation, this individual works in partnership and collaboration with: the Rehab, Complex & Transitional Care, and Patient Care Systems Management and Physician team, and the Professional Practice Educator Team. This position provides support for practice and quality initiatives across the nursing and professional practice team by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating programs to enhance clinical proficiency, quality improvement, and team development. The Professional Practice Educator also facilitates and supports continuous learning, professional development, and service excellence through education coaching and mentoring staff and clients in addition to facilitating appropriate co-ordination of resources to meet identified clinical needs.
Working in an interprofessional, patient centred environment, the ideal candidate will have effective interpersonal and communication skills combined with the ability to work collaboratively within and across professions; a strong ability to implement strategies that effectively facilitate change, and possess a commitment to knowledge transfer strategies to ensure practices are evidence informed. We are interested in professionals who committed to providing the best care possible for our community.
- Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Baccalaureate level preparation in Nursing required. Masters Degree in Nursing or related field preferred
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in Rehabiliative/Gerontological Nursing required
- CNA certification in Medical/Surgical Nursing preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in Vascular Access, Telemetry, and Wound Care Principles
- Evidence of strong clinical knowledge and decision making
- Knowledge and experience with using and interpreting quality metrics and change management methodologies required
- Ability to provide support and leadership to advance evidence based inter-professional patient centered care
- Ability to promote excellence in practice through research, education, and quality initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Develop and sustain collaborative relationships both internally and externally within the community and with academic partners
Employees are expected to demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply by clicking the "Apply for Job" button and proceed with the necessary steps. Please note that although we appreciate each and every application, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a visionary community hospital, demonstrating commitment to strong successful relationships between its patients, their families and its health care teams. You will have the chance to join JBH as it embraces the possibilities of a new vision, a new Strategic Plan, and begins the largest capital redevelopment in its history. We are seeking candidates who demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other.
Joseph Brant Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-632-3737 ext. 4129.