Be a leader. Manage our Residential Care Program. Serve as an integral part of a trans-disciplinary team that enables people to live life to the fullest in comfort, with dignity, meaning and hope.
The Dorothy Ley Hospice, located in south-west Etobicoke, offers both community support and residential care to people living with a life-limiting illness or loss. Last year, the Hospice served over 200 in the Residential Care Program.
The Manager, Residential Care Program will work with all Hospice team members, including physicians and volunteers, to achieve optimal service levels for individuals in the 10-bed residential hospice, and their families, by:
- providing leadership, education, and supervision to the Residential Care team of Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses, Personal Support Workers, and students
- fostering transdisciplinary team spirit and integrative approaches
- supporting staff by promoting learning based on evidence based practice
- monitoring the adherence to the clinical practice processes, procedures and standards, ensuring that professional standards are maintained and legislative requirements are adhered to
- providing expertise to ensure quality service delivery by collecting and analyzing data and other relevant information to provide regular reports relating to direct care services and its quality and the promotion of strategies to enhance service outcomes
- managing the operating budget and the staffing schedule for the Residential Care Program.
Our current Manager is retiring. So we are looking for someone who is inspired by the mission of The Dorothy Ley Hospice to become a vital and valued member of our leadership team. We are looking for a Registered Nurse who is a leader, experienced in management, and who possesses demonstrated knowledge about hospice palliative care.
If you are interested, please provide a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience make you the right candidate for this position, accompanied with your resume, to David Colgan, Executive Director, by June 5, 2017.
The Dorothy Ley Hospice is an equal opportunity employer.