Who we are:
Markham Stouffville Hospital is a large community hospital with two sites – Markham and Uxbridge that has a reputation for excellence in progressive community care. Having recently completed an expansion and renovation project, the hospital is uniquely positioned with cutting edge technology, expansive new facilities and a supportive and welcoming community. With a focus on patient experience, safe, high quality care and innovation, our dedicated team of physicians, staff and volunteers provides care to over 300,000 patients a year. The hospital has capacity to grow a number of programs and services as we evolve to meet the needs of our growing community. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
What we need:
The NP within the Nurse Led Outreach Team (a division of Home & Community) provides nursing services including health promotion, disease and injury prevention, recommendations for care, and support for older adults in long term care homes (LTCH) and at MacKenzie and Markham Stouffville Hospitals. The NP will have dual accountability to both NLOTs and will work collaboratively with members of both teams in this joint Aging at Home funded project.
The NP will have knowledge and decision-making skills, in providing health focused approach in meeting the health needs of older adults. The NP will practice within the interprofessional team model and be responsible for promoting best practices in geriatric care and promote excellence in the nursing care of older adults through direct patient care and consultation with support from the geriatrician and nurse practitioner on the team.
The NP NLOT will work closely with the Geriatric Emergency Nurses to provide a model of integrated care. The NP NLOT will positively impact organizations by providing cost effective, efficient and timely primary health services to LTCH residents, improving system partnerships, increasing capacity and efficiency through decreasing wait times and length-of-stay, and facilitating enhanced information exchange.
Who you are:
You are an innovative and patient centered individual who provides excellence within their profession
You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
You are organized, accurate, able to multi task and meet deadlines
You support the patient experience, your colleagues and others cultural and spiritual beliefs
What you bring to MSH:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario as an RN (EC) - Nurse Practitioner-Primary Health Care (PHCNP) or Nurse Practitioner-Adult (NP-Adult)
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of current expertise in the care of the adult medical population
- Membership in Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario and Nurse Practitioner Association of Ontario, preferred
- Specialty certifications related to the area of expertise
- National certification in Emergency and / or Gerontology Nursing from the Canadian Nurses Association, preferred
- Advanced clinical knowledge and implementation of evidenced based practice
- A strong desire and capacity to promote professional practice and excellence in evidence-based, patient centered care
- Superior interpersonal, coaching, and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making, problem recognition and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development
- Excellent computer literacy including knowledge of Excel
- Excellent documentation skills and data collection
- Valid driver’s license and availability of a car
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrated commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.
Intrerested candidates are invited to apply by clicking here.