Job Title: Unit Manager, 1st Floor OBS/Surgical and 4th Floor Surgical Unit
Reference # 1718/036-FT
Status: Full time non-union management position
Reports to: Program Director, Surgical, Women & Child, H.I.M.
Hours of Work: Hours of work for this position are 37.5 hours/week. Flexibility of hours of work is required and is based on unit needs.
Posted: May 12, 2017
Closing: Will remain open until filled
The 1st Floor Obstetrics/Surgical and 4th Floor Surgical unit manager promotes facilitates, and manages the unit environment in such a way that patients receive exceptional care. Exceptional care will be evidence based, safe, effective, efficient (well organized) and will provide a positive care experience for patients and families. The unit manager is a key part of the health care team providing leadership in the management of human fiscal resources. The unit manager will foster a cohesive and motivated team and serve as an ambassador for the team(s).
As the unit manager for the 1st Floor Obstetrics/Surgical and 4th Floor Surgical Unit you will be accountable for facilitating clinical excellence, leadership, and management leading to the delivery of patient centered quality obstetrical and acute care. Your leadership demonstrates creativity, innovation, flexibility and professional knowledge suitable to the interdisciplinary environment. Working collaboratively with community providers, you will engage in key activities to promote positive public relations with patients, visitors, staff, physicians and volunteers. If you are looking for a challenging position with the opportunity to make a difference in our patients' lives then Ross Memorial Hospital is the place for you!
Your qualifications include:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses
- BScN or associated degree (Master's Degree in Health Administration preferred)
- Minimum 5 years nursing experience in an obstetrical and/or acute care environment with three years recent supervisory or management experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the hospital and personnel management policies and procedures and the ability to interpret and apply same to achieve departmental goals
- Proven ability to successfully manage departmental budgets, explain and provide corrections to budget variances
- Demonstrated contribution to the development and control of the operating and capital budgets
- Demonstrated leadership success
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and co-operatively with all levels of staff, patients and the public and demonstrated success in establishing respect and credibility through actions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Demonstrated effective conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with an ability to multi-task during high stress situations
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated attention to accuracy and detail
- Commitment to inter-professional practice and lifelong learning
- Maintains current knowledge of and ensures compliance with all regulatory and professional standards of care which includes accreditation
- Must be able to fulfill the physical requirements of the jobs, as per the current Physical Demands Analysis
- Must meet expectations for approprite, respectful and professional conduct, as set out in the RMH Code of Conduct
You are a member of:
- Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO)
Would you like to be part of a team of exceptional people committed to providing Exceptional Care - Together and meet the qualifications listed above? If so, apply in writing to our Human Resources Department by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing it to 705-328-6160.
Ross Memorial Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process at the request of the applicant.