|The ROYAL VICTORIA REGIONAL HEALTH CENTRE, proud recipient of the Healthy Hospital Innovators Award, is a state-of-the-art, 500,000 square-foot facility located in Barrie, Ontario, one of the fastest growing cities in Canada. Our team of over 250 skilled physicians, 2155 caring staff members, and 1,100 dedicated volunteers provides outstanding healthcare specializing in Cancer Care, Surgical Care, Critical/Emergency Care, Medical Care, Mental Health as well as Women and Children’s programs. Annually the RVH admits more than 15,500 patients, delivers more than 2300 babies and handles more than 80,000 visits to the Emergency Room.|
|The Nursing Unit Manager oversees the delivery of patient services in his/her department including safe, quality patient care and efficient patient flow. The Nursing Unit Manager prepares budgets and manages department resources. The Nursing Unit Manager develops a human resource plan for the department and provides effective leadership for the people in the department.
The Nursing Unit Manager also contributes to Program planning and operations, as well as participating in hospital-wide initiatives.
- Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario or Current registration with other applicable regulated health professional College of Ontario.
- Baccalaureate preparation in a health related field essential.
- Master's preparation in a health related field preferred.
- 3 - 5 years current progressive experience in an acute care setting
- Previous management experience essential
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Collaborates and communicates with various members of the interprofessional health care team to ensure quality patient care both in the hospital and the community.
- Project Management skills
- Leadership ability
- Planning skills
- Problem Solving ability
- Change management expertise
- Commitment to growth and development of self and others.
- Demonstrated professionalism.
- Demonstrated commitment to improving patient flow throughout the facility.
- Financial management expertise
- Statistical analysis skills
- Working knowledge of computer, Microsoft Office and Outlook applications.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Patient Information systems (i.e. Meditech).
- Working knowledge and understanding of Financial Management systems.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Workload Measurement Systems (i.e. GRASP).
- Financial Management - Education and training.
- Leadership training.
- Ability to learn about, from and with other members of the patient care team to foster a strong interprofessional model of care.
***Applications accepted only via www.rvh.on.ca, click on RVH Career Opportunities and search for Requisition #6636.***