As part of the team you will:
Develop therapeutic alliance with clients and their support systems/significant others
Provide psycho-education around meds and symptoms
Monitor treatment regimes
Assess mental status and monitor physical health needs
Support the agency’s primary health care and chronic disease management initiative
Assess client needs and link to appropriate resources
Work from a recovery based perspective
Collaborate service provision with other team members
The position requires the following:
- BScN Degree and Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- 2 years experience working with people with mental illness, preferably community-based
- Excellent skills in mental health assessment and teaching, medication monitoring, case management, and crisis intervention
- Excellent organizational skills are required
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment
- Knowledge and understanding of the ACT Model and recovery-oriented practice
- Primarily day hours with occasional evenings (11am-7pm), weekends and holidays
- Experience with addictions, forensics and dual diagnosis is an asset
- Fluency in a second language is an asset
- Ability to work with diverse communities
- Ability to work from an anti-oppressive framework
Successful applicants must have a valid Ontario driver’s license, access to a vehicle and insurance for transporting clients.
Please submit cover letter and resume in one document by Friday, May 12, 2017 by 4:00 pm to Manager, Assertive Community Treatment Programs at Canadian Mental Health Association Toronto Branch, 700 Lawrence Avenue West, Suite 480, Toronto Ontario M6A 3B4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 416-789-9079. If submitting resumes by email, please type Nurse Case Manager in the subject line.
The Canadian Mental Health Association is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from equity seeking groups’ including qualified individuals with personal experience of the mental health system. If you are contacted by our offices regarding a job opportunity please advise prior to the interview should you require any accommodation.