Positions Available: 1
Unionized Position: Yes
Position Type: Full-Time Contract
Job Number: 2016010
Job Class: Clinical
Reconnect Community Health Services is a community based Mental Health and Addictions agency providing a range of programs for adults with serious mental health issues in Toronto. We are seeking a Nurse Case Manager who will have a caseload of clients from our South Toronto Link Team.
The South Toronto Link Team is a multidisciplinary team of mental health professionals offering intensive support to individuals with complex mental health and physical health needs. Services include addictions, behaviour therapy, case management, nursing and psychiatry.
The Nurse Case Manager coordinates and monitors the assessment, treatment and follow-up for each client. This position requires skill in the planning and organization of nursing care for individuals with a mental health diagnosis and complex care needs. This role requires the application of advanced nursing clinical skills, maintenance of records and charts, preparation of written reports, teaching of other nursing-related skills, and the maintenance of effective working relationships with others.
- Responsible for the assessment, evaluation, planning and revision of client care.
- Administer nursing care as ordered or required. Process orders from Nurse Practitioner or Team Psychiatrist.
- Use correct nursing techniques when treating clients in compliance with all procedures and policies.
- Identify and communicate significant abnormalities in the client data to appropriate team members responsible for coordination of all services caring for each client.
- Record client status/progress and treatments using the appropriate format.
- Understand all legal and policy consequences of recording information inadequately.
- Identify and report irregularities or mistakes in client care to the appropriate team members.
- Maintain a safe client environment.
- Responsible of monitoring accuracy and timely completion of laboratory work.
- Report abnormal values and complete relevant and documents as well as necessary follow-up.
- Assure that changes of orders are completed as needed.
- Serve as a client advocate, assess and assure that quality care is given.
- Review notes and care plan to assure appropriate intervention based on plan of care and accuracy of documentation
- Submit, update records of all client information correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Perform direct client care requiring skilled assessment and intervention.
- Assure that equipment used is well maintained, used appropriately, tracked and returned.
- Monitor all client care and its effectiveness.
- Facilitate for clients’ discharge when appropriate.
- Adhere to all client confidentiality laws and regulations.
- Participate in training and the education of the nurses.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required;
- RN License required;
- Minimum 1 year of supervised experience as an RN;
- Knowledge of Mental Health related issues;
- Experience working with adults diagnosed with a mental illness, an asset;
- Knowledgeable regarding the nursing process and its application, including the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills;
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail required;
- Ability to rotate shifts;
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills;
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability;
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Politically and culturally sensitive;
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts;
- Must be able to be depended upon to plan and organize work effectively and ensure its completion;
- Valid G Class Driver’s License and access to a vehicle; driving is a requirement of this position;
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues of gender, race, sexual orientation and multi-cultural issues is required.
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to the AIDS and hepatitis B viruses.
- Interacts with clients, family members, staff, visitors and other care providers.
Compensation Type: Salary
Hourly Range: $55,000.00 to $70,000.00 Per Annum
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Friday – 9:00am-5:00pm
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenants of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Aboriginal communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply.
We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications are invited to complete an online application, as well as submit a cover letter and resume through the Kronos Workforce Ready Recruitment system, no later than Monday, May 1, 2017.
Kronos Recruitment System Link:
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at
(416) 248-2050 ext. 288
Applications submitted after the deadline will not unfortunately be included in the application screening phase.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Reconnect Community Health Services
56 Aberfoyle Crescent, 4th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M8X 2W4