The Intensive Care Unit is currently seeking full-time and part-time Registered Nurses to join their multidisciplinary team. In our new patient tower, the ICU will also include a step-down unit.
- Current Certificate of Competence in the Province of Ontario.
- Current or recent clinical Critical Care experience of at least two years required. Preference will be given to candidates with current critical care nursing experience.
- Consideration will be given to candidates with, or enrolled in, post diploma courses in Critical Care nursing, I.V. therapy, physical assessment or other related educational preparation.
- ACLS and PALS preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in emergency situations.
- Demonstrated clinical assessment and patient/family teaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge of I.V. Therapy and venipuncture is required.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality, availability and performance is required.
PLEASE NOTE: Extended 12 hour shifts. Assignment subject to change based on the needs of the department.
Employees are expected to demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other; attend work regularly because regular attendance is critical to maintaining this level of excellence.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply by clicking the "Apply for Job" button and proceed with the necessary steps. Please note that although we appreciate each and every application, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a visionary community hospital, demonstrating commitment to strong successful relationships between its patients, their families and its health care teams. You will have the chance to join JBH as it embraces the possibilities of a new vision, a new Strategic Plan, and begins the largest capital redevelopment in its history. We are seeking candidates who demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other.
Joseph Brant Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-632-3737 ext. 4129.