The Assistant Director of Care is responsible to the Director of Care for the management and leadership of resident care and services. The person holding this position is required to meet the needs and expectations of the residents in accordance with the standards and guidelines of the Ministry of Health and Long–Term Care. The Assistant Director of Care is also responsible for adherence to the respective regulations and relevant legislation in the Long Term Care Homes Act (2007), the Resident’s Bill of Rights, the standards set by the College of Nurses of Ontario, and the Home’s mission and policies. This includes promoting and fostering resident-centred programs and care that reflects the values and preferences of the resident.
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
- Certification in Gerontology and current membership with Gerentological Nurses Association and RNAO is desirable
- Minimum of one year experience in a management role
- Minimum of two years of experience in geriatric, rehabilitation or long term care as Charge Nurse
- Demonstrates an understanding of current trends and concepts relative to professional nursing and long-term care
- Palliative care certification, Adult Education experience an asset
- Quality Improvement and Best Practice knowledge