Who we are:
Markham Stouffville Hospital is a large community hospital with two sites – Markham and Uxbridge that has a reputation for excellence in progressive community care. Having recently completed an expansion and renovation project, the hospital is uniquely positioned with cutting edge technology, expansive new facilities and a supportive and welcoming community. With a focus on patient experience, safe, high quality care and innovation, our dedicated team of physicians, staff and volunteers provides care to over 300,000 patients a year. The hospital has capacity to grow a number of programs and services as we evolve to meet the needs of our growing community. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
What we need:
As a Registered Nurse you will be an integral member of the interprofessional team at the Uxbridge site. You will practice in an environment where the emphasis is on activation, professional practice and customer satisfaction. The incumbent will be required to cover the Emergency Department and Endoscopy as required.
Using your clinical expertise, you will, in collaboration with the team, be responsible for comprehensive assessment, care planning, patient education and discharge planning to support the continuity of care throughout the patient’s stay on the inpatient unit.
The successful candidate must be available to work 12 hour day and night shifts and every other weekend, with flexibility to cover additional shifts as required. Please note schedule may change due to operational needs.
Who you are:
You are an innovative and patient centered individual who provides excellence within their profession
You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
You are organized, accurate, able to multi task and meet deadlines
You support the patient experience, your colleagues and others cultural and spiritual beliefs
What you bring to MSH:
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses
- Current BCLS
- Recent experience in medicine/telemetry with an emphasis on rehabilitation and geriatrics
- Completion of the Coronary Care 1 program or equivalent is essential (or a willingness to complete within 6 months of employment)
- RNAO membership is preferred
- Excellent physical assessment skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Demonstrated commitment to a patient/family centred care environment
- Demonstrated excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within an interprofessional team as well as independently
- Well developed organization, communication, interpersonal and teaching skills
- Evidence of ongoing professional development, continuing education and leadership experience
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrated commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.
Please click here to apply for this position.