||Medicine Health Services - A3
||37.5 hours per week
|Number of Position(s)
|Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.|
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart.
Responsible for comprehensive nursing care as established by the standards of nursing practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario and the standards of nursing care of this hospital. Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates patient needs relativeto nu rsing care. Performs as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Registered Nurse with current Certificate of Registration issued by the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Successful completion of gerontology certificate an asset
- Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) certification in Medical-Surgical Nursing or any subspecialties an asset
- Current BCLS required
- Previous 3-4 years' experience with the following patient populations - Acute Medicine, Cardiology, Oncology, Diabetic/Endocrine, and Gerontology preferred , HIV/AIDS
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, organizational, leadership and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to promote optimum level of patient functioning through skills in coordinating care with health care team and leading the care planning process
- Developed skills in PIV and S/L initiation and venopuncture required
- Expertise in assessing and maintaining PICC lines
Demonstrated expertise in adult learning principles
- Willingness to actively participate in Hospital and Health Service councils and task groups
- Ability to work independently as well as in a tea m environment
- Maintains competence relative to current practice
- Strong leadership skills and experience taking the lead in multidisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated ability to implement plan of care including independent and interdependent nursin g functions
- Demonstrated ability to participate in unit quality initiatives and measurements
- Demonstrated understanding of accountability based practice
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a highly skilled interdisciplinary team
- D emonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet the needs of the unit
- Experience with patient teaching programs (individual and group)
- Ability to work independently as well as a team environment
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal s kills.
- Demonstrated ability to de-escalate situations as they arise.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of the Core Service Standards
- Demonstrates a commitment to continued professional and personal growth and development through continuing edu cation programs and self-directed learning opportunities and professional research/theory based nursing practice
- Demonstrated strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Other duties as ass igned
- Excellent time management and attendance record required
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated p ractices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contributeto a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health andsafety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
|The Advantages of Working at MGH
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Tuition Assistance
- Patient-focused Care
- Shared Governance
- Professional Practice Development
- Open Communication Practices
- New Graduate Opportunities