Health Service Nurse
At the Child and Parent Resource Institute (CPRI), we provide highly specialized trauma-informed mental health and developmental services. These services include Assessment, Consultation, Treatment, Research and Education. We work with local community services, building on what they have already done and use evidence-based practices to adapt our approach to the unique needs of each child. CPRI is looking for a Health Services Nurse to provide nursing services for patients in consultation with the Clinical Treatment Team and in collaboration with families/guardians and community facilities and agencies.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Provide nursing services for residential and outpatient clients in consultation with Clinical Treatment Teams
• Provide assessments, nursing diagnosis, care planning and treatment for clients with acute and chronic illnesses
• Provide admission and discharge nursing assessments for residential clients
• Provide emergency nursing services in the event of an injury or illness
• Provide health care education to staff, clients and families
• Participate in the development and provision of infection control measures and surveillance
• Develop and implement quality assurance measures and nursing research
Please Note: The hours for this position are not guaranteed, and vary between 0 and 36.25 hours/week.
How do I qualify?
• You must have current registration as a Registered Nurse in Ontario
Nursing Knowledge and Experience
• You have demonstrated knowledge, skills, and experience in pediatrics (i.e. physical assessment, mental health, and developmental disabilities)
• You can coordinate, implement, and evaluate metabolic/clinical investigation, treatment, and research
• You have understanding of infection control and surveillance
• You have demonstrated experience educating staff, clients and families
Assessment, Analytical, and Problem-Solving Skills
• You have demonstrated experience providing nursing assessment, nursing diagnosis, care planning and treatment for clients with acute and chronic illnesses
• You can develop health care plans, evaluate client progress, and revise plans effectively for use by other team members
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You are able to collaborate with the Clinical Treatment Team, families/guardians, and community facilities/agencies
• You demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate health care education (i.e. using adult learning theories) to staff, clients and families, with the ability to adjust language style as required
• You demonstrate an ability to effectively liaise with an interdisciplinary team, clients, families and the community
Salary Range: $1,376.66 - $1,659.78 per week
- 1 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 6 months (with possibility of extension), 600 Sanatorium Rd, London, West Region, Enhanced - Vulnerable Services Sector Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 106243, by Wednesday, April 12, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.