RN: Manager of Life Care
Full time; Evening & Weekend flexibility required
Closing Date: April 7th, 2017. Interviews will begin prior to closing date.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About the Role:
This is a newly created position which will be key in implementing a new forward thinking approach to dementia care.
Summary of Major Functions:
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for 3 key areas of focus. 1. Clinical oversight of direct resident care; 2. Administrative functions including the documentation of care plans; 3. Teaching & Research including mentoring and coaching of PSW students. To achieve this, you will:
Collaborate – Work with the CEO, Managers, RPN, to maximize resident care experiences.
Consult and Create – Design and participate in care conferences, complete all resident assessments and develop care plans. Design and oversee the process for private caregivers.
Manage – Effectively manage resident care, documentation as well as organization wide policies & practices, i.e. infection control and prevention, Joint Health & Safety Committee.
Lead – Become the knowledge leader for advancing dementia care; researching, implementing and evaluating new approaches.
Roll-up your sleeves – Take a hands-on approach to leading, mentoring and filling in as required.
Develop – Build and maintain strong relationships with the residents, family members, colleagues, professional bodies, academic institutions
The successful candidate will blend practical experience, with flexibility and curiosity and will be responsible for delivering exceptional resident and family experiences. You will drive clinical initiatives as they relate to strategic directions. You will be integral in leading practice guidelines, evidence based practices, implement and evaluate complex change processes and resident safety and quality initiatives. A further responsibility will be to build and maintain meaningful and trusted relationships with the health and academic communities.
Cedarhurst Dementia Care Home enjoys a leadership position in the field of dementia care. It is a uniquely designed, small, not for profit retirement home with a reputation for providing individualized care for seniors living with dementia and their families.
Cedarhurst Home: Dementia living, where relationships ignite the spirit
This is an exciting time to join us. We are adopting a new culture that encourages living the way we all want to live: with joy, love, personal choice and purpose.
Our vision is to maintain our intimate, home-like setting and create within it a loving, LIVING culture that leads the way into a new era of dementia care. We will be the first retirement residence in Canada that is fully immersed in relational dementia caring, and others will look to us as educators, practitioners and leaders.
- Baccalaureate Degree preparation in a health discipline
- Registered Nurse with current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of five years’ recent experience working with people living with dementia
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a registered nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting
- Sound knowledge of CNO Standards, Best Practices in Nursing and Dementia Care, legislative requirements including the RHRA as well as the interRAI-CHA, U-First and other assessment tools
- Demonstrated ability to develop a system to validate learning and ensure that practice changes are measured, sustained and improve outcomes
- Flexibility in hours and ability to work some evenings and weekends to ensure 12-hour daily nursing coverage with the RPN
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Valid First Aid/CPR certification
- Excellent computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office
Shouldn’t it be about more than just a job? Apply Now and Be a part of creating something Amazing.
To maintain our leadership status, all offers of employment with Cedarhurst are contingent upon a satisfactory background police and vulnerable persons check.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 7th.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.