POSITION SUMMARY: The LPN/RPN functions under the supervision and guidance of the Nursing Supervisor or Physician and participates in the multi-disciplinary process of providing care and treatment to patients and provides clinical support and technical assistance to the professional medical and other staff. The LPN is responsible for functioning within his/her scope of practice. Individual must be able to manage demanding workload with accuracy. Position requires excellent customer service skills with patients, and their families, other staff, physicians, vendors, and the public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists physicians with patient office visits, including putting patients in rooms, interviewing patients, recording vital signs including pulse rate, blood pressure,weight, and enters information in patient’s electronic medical record.
- Performs select clinical tests including, but not limited to; urinalysis, urine drug tests and blood glucose monitoring. Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Administers and documents medication under physician’s order and follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the potential for medical error.
- Participates in the controlled substance count.
- Assists physicians with office based procedures by participating in time out procedure; providing pre and post-operative care; assists physician during actual procedure.
- Observes, records, and reports changes in patients’ condition.
- Carries out medical and surgical asepsis during treatments and special procedures.
- Setting up proper equipment for specific office based procedures.
- Labeling and processing patient specimens as needed, including tracking specimens in appropriate logs.
- Organizes exam rooms, including general cleaning, upkeep, and re-stocking of supplies.
- Assists CT technician with IV starts as needed.
- Demonstrates appropriate hand washing technique to insure proper infection control and follows universal precautions.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 1-3 years experience as a LPN OR RPN.
- Current LPN or RPN license in good standing required.
- Nursing knowledge related to community health/chronic pain management (preferred)
- Knowledge of Infection Control practises is required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required.
- IV insertion skills preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care according to individual needs.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of clinical risk.
- Must demonstrate consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills with patients, staff, and other health care professionals.
- Familiarity with EMR systems a plus.
- Must be fully bilingual in English and French
- Works in an ever changing environment and, as such, invests considerable time in maintaining their professional expertise and maintain a strong evidence-based approach.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
- Effective organizations, critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
WHAT INOVO HAS TO OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary ;
- Fast pace environment in a medical clinic offering advanced treatments;
- Possibilities of advancement ;
- Training programs;
- Free parking;
- Social activities and more.
You can send your résumé and presentation letter at : firstname.lastname@example.org
You can visit our website at : http://inovomedical.ca/
Inovo Medical would like to thank you for your interest in the LPN/RPN position.
However, only selected candidates will be contacted.