The Nurse Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of nursing care within the retirement home to ensure quality resident care through the effective, efficient delivery of established standards within legislative and budgetary requirements.
- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the activities of the Nursing Department to provide quality resident care.
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, etc., for both residents and department personnel in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Liaises and consults with families/residents, government officials, company resources and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities.
- Manages the budget for the nursing department.
- Investigates complaints/incidents ensuring appropriate action is taken
- Co-ordinates and monitors the Infection Prevention & Control Program.
- Current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse
- Minimum of 5 years relevant clinical experience and 3 years leadership experience
- Experience working with seniors is considered an asset
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience managing a team in a unionized environment
- Effective communication skills
- Current C.P.R. and First Aid designation required
- Computer proficiency
- Experience managing a budget & knowledge of financials
- Sales knowledge would be an asset