Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) contributes to a safe and healthy work environment by developing, implementing and maintaining comprehensive health & safety programs for all those employed by/working at Joseph Brant Hospital including staff, auxiliary, volunteers, physicians, and students.
In addition, the OHN provides oversight to Employee Health office, leads and oversees workplace health, safety and wellness; co-ordinates the case management of illness and injury claims, co-ordinates the employee return to work process, co-ordinates accommodation for those at work or returning to work and provides expertise on attendance support programs. The OHN assumes responsibility for providing the Employee Health Surveillance Program in accordance with the Public Hospitals Act, using the OHA/OMA Guidelines.
The OHN provides diverse healthcare services including first aid to prevent illness, maintain health/wellness, and provides early intervention and rehabilitation when injuries or health problems occur. The OHN advises management and employees on Occupational Health issues in the workplace and assists to ensure the organization is in regulatory compliance.
Your qualifications include:
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (RN required);
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse Designation (COHN);
- Current OOHNA membership preferred;
- 3 years’ experience in Disability Management and Occupational health field managing WSIB, STD, LTD and Rehabilitation claims management;
- Strong computer skills in MS Office required, Parklane system preferred; expertise in relevant legislation, e.g. WSIA, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Human Rights Code;
- Expertise in effective, integrated disability case management principles and guidelines and developing early & safe return to work programs;
- Demonstrated skills in planning & delivering education / training programs to adults;
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with staff at all levels;
- Demonstrated project planning, analytical, problem-solving, judgment, time management, negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to work independently while maintaining collaborative relationships with internal & external contacts;
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong customer service focus;
- Professional attitude that demonstrates results oriented and opened to a changing environment.