Registered Nurses , Emergency and Critical Care
Program: Emergency , Critical Care Program and ER/CCU Float Program
Location: Oshawa, Bowmanville, Port Perry and Ajax
Status: Full-Time, Temporary Full Time and Regular Part-Time; Day/Night, 12 hour schedule
Wage Scale: $31.45 - $45.47 per hour
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and experienced Registered Nurses to join our team. In this position you will have the opportunity to use your extensive knowledge and expertise to help us develop, implement and maintain innovative Emergency and Critical Care Department practices that will meet the current and future needs of Lakeridge Health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Registered Nurses within Emergency will utilize nursing processes in providing patient care and participate as a member of the Health Care Team and the Nursing Team. Emergency RNs, as individual practitioners, will maintain competence and professionalism relevant to current practice in order to maintain nursing records and perform other related duties as assigned.
* Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standing);
* Current B.C.L.S.;
* Demonstrated commitment to maintaining Reflective Practice Standards as outlined by the CON;
* Recent significant Emergency/Critical Care experience: paediatric experience;
* Successful completion of coronary care courses from an approved institution;
* Proven EKG interpretation, cardiac monitoring, trauma nursing, and patient assessment skills (tested);
* Must be I.V. Certified and Defibrillation Certified;
* Proven organizational, prioritization, critical thinking, problem-solving and teaching skills;
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
* Sound judgement, good observation skills, tact and empathy;
* Commitment to successfully complete CNA Emergency Nursing Certification (ENC(C);
* Critical Care/ER/PALS/TNCC Certificate preferred;
* Demonstrated ability to assume a charge/supervisory role;
* Physically capable of lifting, turning, transferring patients manually and with mechanical aids;
* B.Sc.N and ACLS preferred;
* Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Compassion, Innovation, Courage and Trust;
* Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service education sessions; and
* Must have proven good attendance record with capabilities of maintaining this same standard
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with Lakeridge Health's policies and procedures.
Lakeridge Health thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are qualified for the above position, please apply online:
or send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.