Position: Case Manager - Disability Management (Human Resource Services)
Work Location: Education Centre Aurora (60 Wellington St W, Aurora, L4G 3H2)
Work Schedule: 35 hours/week
Application Deadline: March 6, 2017
Salary: $75,165 - $84,597
Thank you for your interest in the Case Manager - Disability Management position with the York Region District School Board. This position is responsible for facilitating and coordinating the return to work of ill and/or injured employees in compliance with Board policies, procedures and related legislation. This position serves as a resource for employees, supervisors, unions/federations by providing information and supporting all parties with respect to the disability management process.
- To maintain regular contact with ill and/or injured employees.
- To assess return to work capabilities of ill and/or injured by liaising with the employee, physician, insurers, supervisors, unions/federations and others.
- To identify cases requiring further medical management and arranges or facilitates referrals to specialists.
- To provide employees with wellness, preventative medical information and other related educational information
- To arrange and facilitate meetings with employees, supervisors, union/federation representatives and external interested parties to develop appropriate return to work plans.
- To establish and document formal return to work plans for ill and/or injured employees.
- To monitor and revise the return to work plans as required based on input from the medical professionals, the supervisor and the federation/ union.
- To update case management activities on the appropriate software program and produce required reports.
- To research and remain current on best practices and effective strategies/resources to assist ill and/or injured employees.
- To work as part of the Disability Management team to ensure coordination of all employee absences and possible subsequent benefits, including WSIB, LTD, Sick Leave and EI Benefits.
- To review existing procedures and make recommended changes to further improve the disability management program.
- To research, prepare and present information to employee groups regarding the disability process or wellness initiatives.
- To co-ordinate health programs to enhance employee work-life balance
- To participate on and serve as a resource to the Joint Disability Management Committee.
- To participate as a witness/resource at hearings (WSIB, Human Rights)
- To carry out other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A four year university degree in health care services, psychology, social work or a related discipline with accreditation in the appropriate health related field is required.
- Minimum five years of progressive disability management dealing with both psychological and physical disabilities in a unionized environment is required.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation is required (i.e. Human Rights, WSIB, Health and Safety).
- Effective verbal and written communication, interpersonal, strong problem-solving, negotiation, mediation and computer skills are required.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals and groups both within and outside the Board is required.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver's License and have access to own transportation.
Please Note: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), the York Region District School Board strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise the Recruitment and Retention Team in advance of attending the interview/practicum.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to submit a current original Police Vulnerable Sector Check, from the police jurisdiction in which they reside prior to commencing employment with the Board. Police Vulnerable Sector Check documents are only valid if issued within the last six months. Candidates are not advised to obtain this document prior to an offer of employment.
On-line applications are collected centrally at the Education Centre - Aurora and are monitored by Human Resource Services. Only candidates selected to participate in our selection process will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.
For more information and to apply, please visit the YRDSB website, and click on the Case Manager – Disability Management (Human Resource Services) job posting. If you have any questions, please contact Recruitment Services at 905-727-0022 ext. 2878.